Thrust Bearing Noise

Grumpy old man

Grumpy old man

Hi

I've got a rumble from what I think is the thrust bearing, I think it's just on tick over, if I just rest my fingers on the clutch lever enough to take up the free play but not enough to put any pressure on the clutch the noise goes. Does anybody else have this problem, is it serious? It's been like that for sometime.

Thanks all

Lloyd

Bart Stilgo

How many miles have you done?

trisaki

Normal , changed the clutch bearing on a customers Honda hornet as he was worried  , less than 500 miles later noise  was back so yes fairly normal   , as long as noise  disappears when clutch  lever is pulled  in 

• Thanks 2
Grumpy old man
7 minutes ago, Bart Stilgo said:

How many miles have you done?

37000 all pleasure miles:D

DaveM59

Think of it as an indicator that you have the cable play adjusted correctly. When it stops, increase the play again. A feature not a problem. :)

• Thanks 1
Grumpy old man
46 minutes ago, DaveM59 said:

Think of it as an indicator that you have the cable play adjusted correctly. When it stops, increase the play again. A feature not a problem. :)

😁😁😁

16 hours ago, trisaki said:

Normal , changed the clutch bearing on a customers Honda hornet as he was worried  , less than 500 miles later noise  was back so yes fairly normal   , as long as noise  disappears when clutch  lever is pulled  in 

Both my NC’s made that sound ... just one of those things

• Thanks 1
motorbykcourier

The clutch basket DOES get noisy after a few miles for sure !!

I had concerns and looked at a number of options...…..

But TBH - I made the change to 10w/40 oil (fully synthetic) and noise reduced and I got slightly smoother gear changes - I made this change at ~ 60K miles

Now we're at over 200K miles and yes its a bit noisier, but...… I think that's allowed!?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1