water pump leak

tw586

after spending the day detailing my NC750x i noticed a puddle of blue coolant on the floor, traced it back to the water pump area,looks like its leaking from the drive side  between the head and the back of the pump. booked in with honda next week for warranty repair. has any one else experienced this issue. bike is 18mths old with 8700klm 

Tonyj

none for me had 2 ncx dct covered about 50k

embee

There have been one or two reports of leaking water pump seals, in fact I have a failed unit which someone sent me to look into the possibility of replacing the seal. They are not recognised as "serviceable", but there are kits available for Honda pumps using std seals and "polo mints" (the ceramic running face for the seal). I haven't got round to looking into it yet.

There is a "tell-tale" hole between the oil seal and the coolant seal so you can tell if one is leaking without it contaminating the other.

I recall at least one of the fails was down to using a silicate coolant, it needs to be silicate free.

I picked up a used pump from the auction site as a spare, I think I paid around £20. I have an oil cooler fitted with coolant tappings fitted into my original coolant pump, so in case I wanted to revert I picked up a spare when I spotted one at a decent price. All NC models use the same physical pump, part numbers may be different due to paint (Integra pump is not painted at all).