Darren88

Mobile Phone Holder

Darren88

Hi everyone. Any recommendations for a mobile phone holder? Preferably not something too expensive as I won’t use it that often, just the odd occasion so want to be able to easily remove it from the bike. 

Bigglesaircraft

I have been using this From the UK river site.

TruActive - PREMIUM EDITION! - Universal Bike Phone Holder Mount for Bicycle, Mountain Bike, Motorbike - 360° Rotate - iPhone. Samsung, Huawei, Google, etc. - 6 COLOURS INCLUDED!

I have had it on the bike for over 12 months now and have found it very good. It grips the phone well and has additional "rubber" bands as extra security. It is mounted on the handle bars and is judder free also it is easily and quickly removed if necessary.

Ciaran1602
Posted (edited)

Quad lock mounts and cases are supposed to be first rate. My cousin has one on a CB125R he rides from Southend to London every week (the loon) and seems to hold up well. 

They aren’t very cheap however. 

Edited by Ciaran1602

Chriswright03

You may not want to use it that often but I guarantee you won't want it to let go when you do and sash your phone on the tarmac.  Good ones aren't cheap but then neither is replacing your phone.  I use Ultimate Addons but as my phone is relatively old they did not have a case for that model so I had to buy a universal one but it does the job, the phone is secure and weatherproof plus it is easily taken off the holder and can still be used whilst in it for photos and sat nav.

fred_jb
8 hours ago, Ciaran1602 said:

Quad lock mounts and cases are supposed to be first rate. My cousin has one on a CB125R he rides from Southend to London every week (the loon) and seems to hold up well. 

They aren’t very cheap however. 

+1 for the Quadlock.

I have done thousands of miles with my phone on a Quadlock mount with no issues.   However, unless Quadlock do a case for your specific phone model, then you will have to either stick the mating part directly to the back of your phone, or preferably find a secure case for it and stick the mount to that.  I use strong tight fitting back cover type to allow the phone to keep cool, and have it mounted under the screen where it is not likely to get too wet, and if it does it can just go in the tankbag and I can continue with audio prompts only.  

I would not recommend the X-mount types.  They are fiddly to put the phone in without the arms hitting the buttons, and tend to have some slack in the mount allowing the phone to rotate slightly which is very annoying!

8ace

I've been usind a X-81 Benguo (or a cheaper generic £6) Aluminium holder which is stable and secure....... So far.