Rosewellian

michlelin Pilot 5's

Rosewellian

at 8000 miles my OEM rear bridgestone is just about 1.5mm so time to change methinks!

question is stick with the OEM fit or I'm hearing good stuff about Michelin Pilot 5's

anybody got real world experience of this new Pilot 5's

are they worth the extra premium.

elbee

After 9,350 miles I had Avon Storms fitted a week ago and I've done 150 miles so far. What a change! These are absolutely brilliant! Well, they would be, wouldn't they - not being being squared-off an' all.

The narrower your chicken strips, the more you should spend on premium tyres. In retrospect I could have bought ultra-budget, if I was following my own advice. :rolleyes:

Edited by elbee
  • Haha 2

alhendo1

Assuming you're changing both oe Bridgestones then Road5s are a great tyre...I have them on my Cb500x and find them grippy in both wet and dry conditions. ....especially confidence inspiring in the wet.....so I'd recommend them as I ride in both...they are however exspensive ...there are a lot of factors to take in re tyre life/mileage but I reckon I'm looking at 9k out of mine...any more would be a bonus....

Avon Storms get a good write up as well so maybe others will be along with their experiences. 

I'm afraid I can only really compare mine to the original Dunlop Skiddymax fitted as standard...utterly dreadful in the wet...hateful tyres.

Grumpy old man
5 hours ago, elbee said:

The narrower your chicken strips, the more you should spend on premium tyres. In retrospect I could have bought ultra-budget, if I was following my own advice. :rolleyes:

Should be able to get my next tyres from a lucky Bag ( people remember those?)

• Haha 2

Trev
48 minutes ago, Grumpy old man said:

Should be able to get my next tyres from a lucky Bag ( people remember those?)

Avon Speedmaster Mk2 should do the trick, I've got a hardly worn 19" from the Enfield free to a good home if anyone wants one :D

It's a rear Andy so may do for that sidecar thingamajig you're trying to flog, yours if you want it 

Edited by Trev
  • Haha 3

Andy m

If you want Ribbed Skidmasters at least get the Mk. III's so you can run them backwards to even the wear. 

The last OE tyre that I'd recommend was from when my MZ came with Heidenaus instead a Pneumats. 

Michelins all the way for me, but basically anything that sells on its merits rather than because Honda buy in batches of ten thousand. 

Andy

baben

I have them on Tigger and they altered the handling. He feels more stable and planted through bends.

Grumpy Meltdown

Best tyres I’ve ever used. Very confidence inspiring. That is all.

neojynx
On 24/07/2019 at 14:13, elbee said:

After 9,350 miles I had Avon Storms fitted a week ago and I've done 150 miles so far. What a change! These are absolutely brilliant! Well, they would be, wouldn't they - not being being squared-off an' all.

I have been using Avon Storms a while now as they are much cheaper than Michelins.  I have had Michelins for years and my tyre guy advised me to try the Storms.  Havent looked back and they havent squared off anywhere near as badly as the prior PR4s.  I got the Storms last summer with a view to replacing them for winter with PR5s.  The storms went right through winter and some..  Great tyres.

• Like 1

listener

I've just replaced the OEM Dunlop Trailmax tyres after a rather paltry 3500 miles (yes 3500 :blink:).

They were badly squared off due to loads of high-speed hacking up/down the A90/M90. The rear was right down to the tell-tales (the sides were around 3/4 gone) and the fronts were around 1/2 gone.

On the previous NC750X and the NC700X I had Pirelli Angels but I've gone for PR5s this time.

So you buggers had better not have telling tales about how good they are! :mad:  :lol:

• Haha 2

roddy

PR 5 s all the way for me.I have so much more confidense leaning into corners which I am always a bit cautious about.