Steveg

Fitting usb socket

Steveg

Hi

Just looking at options to fit a usb socket for GPS near handlebar @ usb in frunk

If I connected straight to battery is there a easy way to run cable back to either handlebar or within frunk without cutting or removing body work?

Thanks Steve

Steveg

Thinking of getting optimate lead and cigarette charger adapter

Just wondering if lead will come out of battery box cover without drilling

And if possible to run cable through trunk top to GPS on handlebar

Only need GPS a couple of times a year , hence why want a easy quick installation with no drilling cutting relays etc

Cheers Steve

PoppetM
Posted (edited)

On my 750S they fitted a 12v socket to the inside of the trunk. I then ran a cable from the inside the trunk, out the lid (avoiding the locking mechanism) to the GPS on the handlebars.

I have seen others fit USB and 12v sockets to the plate where the tools currently sit. I am not that way inclined so my dealer did mine. 

Edited by PoppetM
  • Thanks 1

Brigante7

There's a hole at the back of the battery box, I ran my 12V socket from the handlebars in through the back of the battery box and connected directly to the battery.

Brigante7.

• Thanks 2

Steveg

Decided on a optimate connection to battery so I can connect battery charger along with a cigarette power adapter which lives in frunk

Just ordered a 2 port usb to go into cigarette lighter to charge phone @ satnav

Just wondering what charge capacity the nc750x has will charging a sat Nav @ a phone cause a problem ?

Cheers Steve

Bigglesaircraft

Have done exactly what your suggesting. No problem at all with the Optimate lead being attached permanently to the battery, there are several places to feed the charging lead to a convenient place under the handle bars. Have also a twin USB  in the trunk not sure of the power rating but I use mine for Sat nav and phone, the socket in the trunk is fed from the Honda star wiring plug under the plastic on the lhs.

Steveg
Posted (edited)

A couple of photos

Optimate connection wired directly to battery wire comes out on side of frunk , have not cut any holes , just have not tighten the battery cover up tightly , hopefully will be ok ?

I have a optimate cigarette lighter adapter connected to the optimate battery connection

Just wondering if it will draw any power from battery with nothing plugged into cigarette lighter ?

power1.jpg

power2.jpg

Cheers Steve

Edited by Steveg