Clocks not on

makman

Changed headlight buib yesterday, and tried to do the little spade one, but none I had worked.  Turned bike on this morning and the clocks are blank.  I checked fuses and they are okay.

I don't want to dismantle bits until I'm sure all it okay.  The bike does start and run, Clicks into gear, but only first and does not select higher gears. Not even the HISS light is showing.

So where do I look first?  And yes, I checked fuses.  Horrible little things to get out!

I did check the big plug into the clocks and it is firmly seated.

43 minutes ago, makman said:

Changed headlight buib yesterday, and tried to do the little spade one, but none I had worked.  Turned bike on this morning and the clocks are blank.  I checked fuses and they are okay.

I don't want to dismantle bits until I'm sure all it okay.  The bike does start and run, Clicks into gear, but only first and does not select higher gears. Not even the HISS light is showing.

So where do I look first?  And yes, I checked fuses.  Horrible little things to get out!

When you say ‘does not select higher gears’ were you actually riding it? Or revving it on the stand? If the latter then it won’t change up unless it gets a speed signal from the ABS ring. 

Edit: Are you absolutely sure all the fuses are OK? I seem to remember that the clocks going blank have been fuse related before.. 

Edited by Tex

Rode it up and down the road quickly. I was actually going to head to work. Am at home as won't ride something I cannot A tell speed on, or B have working indicators etc...

• Like 1

Check this old topic.. might be useful.

I did check the Clocks/Lights fuses. 7.5w and they were both fine.  Replacing the headlamp was not too difficult, but I've got big hands.  Worried I've wiggled something lose, but the space in there is so tight, it is hard to see what that could be.

Hmm. I'll check fuses again.  I have not checked rear brake light and will do that. Indicators don't work.  Did not check the horn.

And sorted.  Yes, 7.5W Fuse popped.  Why I did not see it before?  Well, it is replaced and lights etc are now working again.  I'll have that quiet ride into work in heaving rush hour traffic instead of my usual leisurely ride at 6.15am....

Thanks again for making me check the obvious again.  It does pay off!  A happy ending! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We love a happy ending. :niceone:

• Like 1

Me too. I was very thankful it was a simple fix. I need more fuses though and a new T10 blade bulb for the headlight. Will sort that out via Amazon or something.  Just need time and someone with small hands to do this!

I have a better bulb for fitting and an LED T10 to fit tomorrow in the work garage undercover. I I will sort the fuses and add in the various spares as well. It is too wet outside to do anything. I also have to check the fittings on the panels.