Frunk/Pillion seat lock barrel/cylinder

Slidy

I have just picked up a 2015 NC750XA, and am having to sort a few problems. One of which is the luggage compartment lock.

The key turns left and pops the pillion seat ok. Turns right, and does nothing. I have got down to the cylinder and found that it is shot. The turns in the lock, but doesn't turn the upper part to pull the release cable, but I can manually turn it and it all works fine.

The previous owner obviously knew that it couldn't be unlocked (it had an attempted repair using a cable tie to tighten the barrel!) so disabled the lock by bending the catch slightly so it closes and holds down, but can be opened with a light pull.

Does anybody have a part number for this lock please? I can live with having a different key to the ignition, as long as I can lock my stuff up when away from the bike.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally had time to pick one up and fit it. Less than an hour to change, and £29.96 for the part.
It probably took longer for the previous owner to try and fix it with a cable tie, and when it didn't work, disable the lock!

Thanks again GaryBee for the part number.

• Thanks 1