OEM brake pads - what type?

Guest szerwony

Guest szerwony

Hi. I need to change brake pads in my NC700S. I'm not sure, which type of pads should I use - organic, semi-sintered or sintered. I was trying to find what type are OEM Honda brake pads, but I couldn't find anything. Do anyone know what type they are? And which non-OEM are the best ones, that provide good handling, don't overheat and don't wear brake disc too quickly?

skorpion

Honda OEM pads are Sintered, a good replacement are EBC FA196HH.

Pads with better all round performance I found are Brembo SC compound pads.

https://www.that auction site.co.uk/itm/Brembo-SC-Sintered-Fast-Road-Track-Front-Brake-Pads-Honda-NC750-S-2014/222783642421?hash=item33def09b35:g:UnYAAOSw6lRaT3-Q

• Like 1
Mr Toad

Another vote for the EBC pads. I fit these to all my bikes when pads need replacing. I have them on my Triumph and had them on my NC and the brakes perform much better than the OEM pads ever did.

• Like 1
Wedgepilot

I just replaced my OEM front pads with EBC HH a few weeks ago. They feel just like the OEM pads, which is a good thing in my book! 

Guest szerwony

Thanks! Can you give me exact model of those pads (for front and rear)? I can't find sintered EBC pads for NC700S in Poland. In one shop EBC FA196HH are marked to fit only in NC750X.

trisaki

Be careful  , 700 and 750 are different  pads , will try and get you the correct  numbers 

trisaki
2 minutes ago, trisaki said:

Be careful  , 700 and 750 are different  pads , will try and get you the correct  numbers 

Ebc196hh front and ebc174hh rear if you have combined  brakes like UK model  

Good to hear people recommending EBC, I believe their parts are manufactured near Bristol. Nice to support a British company.

EBC have a good website for buying their brakes online directly and prices are very reasonable.

Guest szerwony
48 minutes ago, trisaki said:

Ebc196hh front and ebc174hh rear if you have combined  brakes like UK model  

I have combined brakes with ABS. I think that instead of EBC FA196HH for front, I need EBC FA388HH - only this model is marked to fit in SA. EBC FA174HH should be okay for rear.

steelhorseuk

Honda NC700SA . I have the same bike (2012) These are the pads I always fit.....

PAD SET, FR.

EBC Double H Brake Pads = FA388HH

PAD SET, RR.

EBC Double H Brake Pads = FA174HH

• Thanks 1
steelhorseuk
4 hours ago, Steel Horse UK said:

Honda NC700SA . I have the same bike (2012) These are the pads I always fit.....

PAD SET, FR.

EBC Double H Brake Pads = FA388HH

PAD SET, RR.

EBC Double H Brake Pads = FA174HH

Just checked and SBS have 30% off these pads at the moment.

trisaki

Sorry my mistake  , 388 hh for combined,  should have got that right as I run  a 700 

trisaki
13 minutes ago, trisaki said:

Sorry my mistake  , 388 hh for combined,  should have got that right as I run  a 700 

Just checked  with the firm I get my bits from and they list nc700s brake pads  wrong ie 196 for the front  not the correct  ones 388