Going rate for the 600m service?

DCTPaul

What has been paid for the 1st 600m service.... £100, £150?

Gonna go in hard haggle mode!

Get a non dealer stamp for the 8000 mile and possibly the next...

Then will look to do the rest myself when out of warranty...

Hopefully with the help of some tech info from you guys and any service info or manuals available...

Thanks

Andy m

£99 at Padgetts if you buy the bike there. 

It's basically just a hidden extra, so just ask for an extra £99 on your trade in to cover it and they often will. 

None of my last half dozen bikes have seen the inside of the dealers after 600 miles (except the warranty stuff on the Guzzi) . DIY after that, just be ready to prove you are competent if you do try to claim. 

Andy

• Like 2
alhendo1

Depends where you are in the UK...labour rates are different for different areas....if you bought the bike from your dealer they should see you alright....there's no need to go main dealer. ..you can go independent unless of course it's on a pcp deal which may stipulate main dealer servicing...

• Like 1

Can't remember 600 mile service cost for mine. Checked my paperwork work for the  first annual service and it was £194:41 including VAT, that was in 2017. I think was bit too expensive so now I do my own service with help of a mate. Downside of buying online I suppose. Still am happy with it 

Edited by Eddie17

600 mile service in 2016 was £131:58

listener

Into dealer in Aberdeen,  April 2019.

They'll follow Honda schedule, so replace oil and filter and, since I've got a DCT, the clutch filter.

Parts were £50 (includes £3 environmental disposal charge).

Labour £57 (just over an hour @£50/hr).

Slap on government greed tax VAT of £21 and that's the guts of £130.

*All prices approximate.Any resemblance to reality is purely coincidental! :whistle:

• Haha 3
21 minutes ago, listener said:

Into dealer in Aberdeen,  April 2019.

They'll follow Honda schedule, so replace oil and filter and, since I've got a DCT, the clutch filter.

Parts were £50 (includes £3 environmental disposal charge).

Labour £57 (just over an hour @£50/hr).

Slap on government greed tax VAT of £21 and that's the guts of £130.

*All prices approximate.Any resemblance to reality is purely coincidental! :whistle:

I got charged two hours labour for same servicing  DCT. Glasgow workers obviously no as efficient lol 

Edited by Eddie17
38 minutes ago, Eddie17 said:

I got charged two hours labour for same servicing  DCT. Glasgow workers obviously no as efficient lol 

Did they spend an hour watching the oil warm up on idle?:blink:

I took around 30 minutes to change my oil, two filters,  DCT seal & drain plug washer with Honda parts and give the bike the checks stated in the manual. That included taking photos for the record.

I'm 13 days out of warranty now, so I "got away" with all the self-servicing.

• Haha 1
riders in the storm
8 hours ago, Andy m said:

£99 at Padgetts if you buy the bike there. 

It's basically just a hidden extra, so just ask for an extra £99 on your trade in to cover it and they often will. 

None of my last half dozen bikes have seen the inside of the dealers after 600 miles (except the warranty stuff on the Guzzi) . DIY after that, just be ready to prove you are competent if you do try to claim. 

Andy

Andy, can I ask why you took your bikes in for the 600 mile service rather than doing it yourself?  If you are doing the rest of the in warranty servicing why not this service..?

I have done my own 600 miler as I bought the bike from the other end of the country, my local Honda dealer is expensive for everything, bikes, servicing etc...

I appreciate I'm taking a bit of a chance, but across 2 bikes, 4 (family) cars & my camper I've figured it's a chance worth taking...

• Like 1
Rocker66
3 hours ago, Eddie17 said:

This week I got charged 2 hours labour for a service fitting heated grips and a hugger so 2 hours for just a basic service seems a bit excessive.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, elbee said:

Did they spend an hour watching the oil warm up on idle?:blink:

I took around 30 minutes to change my oil, two filters,  DCT seal & drain plug washer with Honda parts and give the bike the checks stated in the manual. That included taking photos for the record.

I'm 13 days out of warranty now, so I "got away" with all the self-servicing.

You got a good going  rate for the 600m service lnɐd :-)  lol oil warm up .

They may justify the time with added checks and a  test run (not  the coast road hopefully! )

I suppose they got a living to make just like anyone else .

I now service my own bike having learned from folk on this site and if stuck i can rely on a mate who is very good with mechanical side of things . I can't do it within timescale of 30 mins but certainly dont take two hours . 

Thanks for the replies...

Dealers and service staff need to make a living (not so sure about sales staff ;-))

Otherwise everything will be on line...

But dont want my pants pulled down!

I'll aim for the £ton!

With the service intervals 600/8000/12000 and whats required, Oil & Filters, Air filter etc dont expect to have to go down the 'Yearly' service at their price...

Cant wait to pick it up Fri 6th...

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

An early, cold and frosty start brings me back to Dobles for the 600m service (@ just over 700 miles)... bloke said its gonna be £160ish... Parts, £65 an hour labour, plus the vodka and tonic... i asked him to have a look for the 'Discount' button on the till!

Cafe round the corner is good!

• Like 1
poldark

Two years ago Dobles were around £145 for the DCT first service, I tried for a free one when negotiating the purchase, but having got a "free" Comfort Pack plus £350 extra p/e valuation I had to give in with a reduced cost only (£115).

Paul,

Picked up my X Dct on the 5th November. On the handover sheet it states the first service is a standard 60 pounds plus parts. 

I’m struggling to do any mileage at all in this dreadful wet cold weather on the east coast. 
However the dealers still waiting for the Honda engine bar, fog lamps, Givi V 37 cases and pannier side mounts. All on back order.

3.4 lt 10w30 Fully Synth £34

Filter £11.18

Dct Filter £7.36

Odds and Sods, Environmental £6

Parts total... £14.75

Charged 1hr @ £65 rather than the usual 1.2 for DCT...

Less £10 voucher discount

VAT MAN! £25

£140ish rather than £160ish...

Came home to a flat or puncture on the car! ARSE!

Rocker66
2 hours ago, steveb said:

Paul,

Picked up my X Dct on the 5th November. On the handover sheet it states the first service is a standard 60 pounds plus parts. 

I’m struggling to do any mileage at all in this dreadful wet cold weather on the east coast. 
However the dealers still waiting for the Honda engine bar, fog lamps, Givi V 37 cases and pannier side mounts. All on back order.

I was lucky in that all the genuine Honda accessories plus the Givi rack I ordered with my CB500X arrived and were fitted in time for the collection date. Not bad as the 2019 model had only just been released.

trisaki
On 25/08/2019 at 18:56, DCTPaul said:

Thanks for the replies...

Dealers and service staff need to make a living (not so sure about sales staff ;-))

Otherwise everything will be on line...

But dont want my pants pulled down!

I'll aim for the £ton!

With the service intervals 600/8000/12000 and whats required, Oil & Filters, Air filter etc dont expect to have to go down the 'Yearly' service at their price...

Cant wait to pick it up Fri 6th...

Either 8000 miles  or yearly  ,  not just 8000 

31 minutes ago, trisaki said:

Either 8000 miles  or yearly  ,  not just 8000 

From the Handbook Maintenance Schedule, the only 'annual' rather than by 'mileage' listed is oil...

So it can have some Castrol 10w30 Fully Synth at £29 for 4lt instead of £41... care of a Halfords Trade Card

Yearly will prolly work out as a 4000 mile interim change...

• 1 month later...

Hi look on you tube if doing your own services 

just put what make of bike and what you want to do.

ive done oil changes chain & sprockets and other bits