Help! Help! and more Help!

Guest Ncmike

Guest Ncmike

Hello guys and gals

My 2017 NC750x dct will not start.

I came off another bike in May and have seriously damaged my shoulder and all my ribs. The bike hasn't run in 3 months and I advertised it and someone wants to come tomorrow.

Went to my garage yesterday and gave the symptoms of a low/flat battery. Charged it fully overnight and still no real change. Turns over but fairly slowly but no signs of ignition. Was perfect when last ridden.

Only thing I've done during this time is to remove my satnav.

Please, any suggestions gratefully received.

Mike

stephenmcg

I have manual version and not fully up to speed on dct controls.

is there a kill switch and if so is it in run?

does bike try to start or is whole thing dead 

is it in neutral

a newish bike not run for three months in the summer should not have battery issues

keep us posted

smcg in glasgow

How old is the fuel? If you refuelled just before you stopped riding it, then it should be ok, but any more than that I’d drain out the old stuff and refuel. It can make a big difference. Can you connect up to another battery to give it a boost? Hope you sort it quickly.

If the battery has sat flat for a couple of months then it's probably had it, especially in warm weather. Charging it won't help a lot, you can heal the sick but not raise the dead.

As suggested, either use some jump leads from another known good charged battery, or bite the bullet and get a new battery. If all you want to do is get it running to be able to sell, then a cheap and cheerful battery will do, something like https://www.eurocarparts.com/search/ytz14s is a shade over £40 when the discount code is applied, and you can check stock at local stores.

trisaki

Put a meter across terminals  and turn ignition  on dont need to start,  check reading  , probably below 12v , through away and buy new one 

• Like 1

Finally, all sorted.

There was a break in a very thin wire just to the left of where the battery sits. I could only spot it with a strong light and a magnifier. Stripped back the covering, soldered a connection and away we go. Unsure how it occurred. It may have been whilst I was fiddiling or when the supplying dealer fitted some accessories-will probably never know now.

All's well that...

Thank you to all for your suggestions.

Mike