Sign in to follow this  
Tel

Tyre advice?

Tel

I'm sure that one or more of you may have some information regarding Maxxis Diamond tyres!

Any first-hand opinions and experience would be gratefully received.

I only ask because I have seen some dirt cheap and I've never bought Maxxis; although a few years ago I bought a ZX9R Kawasaki over near Horsham which had them on and it felt ok [but I still changed them for Pilot Road 3's straight after]. 

I just don't like the 'feel' of the BT023 currently on the bike due to the very stiff sidewalls Bridgestones seem to have I think.

Hickky

I'm on Dunlop sportsmart 3s and love them. Not sure they are the longest lasting commuter tyres though!

EastSussexPete

A Maxxis are half the price of premium tyres. But they got poor scores in a ride magazine test compared to 7 other tyres. Just bought BTO23, they are good for the price but old now in design. I enjoyed the BT30s previously. In May on this forum,  Bridgestone  A41s where said to be going cheap. Same compound as BT31s which are similar to Michelin Road 5, but advertised for adventures. 

Edited by EastSussexPete

Tonyj

I have run conti motions on my nc but it was mostly summer before and these are very cheap tyres . Just thought I’d give it a go . Bloke who runs/ran the tyre place in Harold hill ( haven’t been there for a while )  sold the max is and claimed the maxis was ok . Don’t know if that was because he had loads or felt they were a good tyre.

• Thanks 1

Rocker66

I have never used Maxis personally but have read read several comments on them some of which have been positive and some negative. I think that there have been far more of the latter though.

• Thanks 1

skorpion

As a fair weather no winter rider, I was going to fit a set of Maxxis Supermaxx ST tyres,  My thinking is the NC is low powered and should not stress the tyres,  wet grip is my only concern but I'am willing to give them a try next.

https://www.that auction site.co.uk/itm/1-x-160-60-17-69W-1-x-120-70-17-58W-ZR-Maxxis-MA-ST2-Motorcycle-bike-PAIR/152408586968?hash=item237c427ad8:g:pJ8AAOSwnHZYh0-c

I have  Maxxis parent company's tyres CST on my car and are impressed with them.

• Thanks 1

Griff

Road 5's are the best. 

alhendo1
1 hour ago, skorpion said:

As a fair weather no winter rider, I was going to fit a set of Maxxis Supermaxx ST tyres,  My thinking is the NC is low powered and should not stress the tyres,  wet grip is my only concern but I'am willing to give them a try next.

https://www.that auction site.co.uk/itm/1-x-160-60-17-69W-1-x-120-70-17-58W-ZR-Maxxis-MA-ST2-Motorcycle-bike-PAIR/152408586968?hash=item237c427ad8:g:pJ8AAOSwnHZYh0-c

I have  Maxxis parent company's tyres CST on my car and are impressed with them.

1 hour ago, skorpion said:

They look worth a try....if you do fit them keep us posted please👍

Tel
16 hours ago, Hickky said:

I'm on Dunlop sportsmart 3s and love them. Not sure they are the longest lasting commuter tyres though!

Cheers Paul, I only asked about Maxxis Diamond specifically because I read really good review of them and I've seen them dirtcheap and as my current bike[CB500FA]  is very low powered and I can't/don't do big mileage anymore I don't need 'premium' tyres. The BT023s on the bike haven't done anything wrong, I just don't like the feel or ride they give!

Edited by Tel
  • Like 1