Sign in to follow this  
Englishman

Colourised digital display on new NC

Englishman

Is it me or is the colourised digital display a needless embellishment? :D Its pretty yes and I worked out how to enter the input and ending message entry but its harder to see than the old one I think.

DCTPaul

Worked out how to change the clock from 12 to 24...

A and B Trip meters confuse me...
As for the changing colour Display... I'm Red/Green Colour Blind!

Englishman

At least the fuel reserve makes a little more sense though that's a good thing

Andy m

My NC was colour, the CB B&W. They both strike me as harder to read than necessary and include useless features. The ability to waste an hour pressing buttons so it'll say "Goodbye_An" when you turn off they key was only worth it so the dealer has to actually know how to change it back (Or sell it to someone called Andy, Anne, Anson etc.) ! The ability to change the instant fuel consumption figure into US gallons per 83 km is just silly. 

Both are difficult in direct sunlight, but the colour one more so. 

I'd be happy with a needle display speedo, one trip meter and a countdown in miles to when I'm likely to run out of petrol. A gear indicator and external temperature sensor would be a bonus. 

Andy

• Like 3

Tel
35 minutes ago, Andy m said:

My NC was colour, the CB B&W. They both strike me as harder to read than necessary and include useless features. The ability to waste an hour pressing buttons so it'll say "Goodbye_An" when you turn off they key was only worth it so the dealer has to actually know how to change it back (Or sell it to someone called Andy, Anne, Anson etc.) ! The ability to change the instant fuel consumption figure into US gallons per 83 km is just silly. 

Both are difficult in direct sunlight, but the colour one more so. 

I'd be happy with a needle display speedo, one trip meter and a countdown in miles to when I'm likely to run out of petrol. A gear indicator and external temperature sensor would be a bonus. 

Andy

Andy, can I pick your brain?

I'm finding it really difficult to see the speedo/display on my CB500FA especially in sunlight. Riding down to the 1066 Cafe meet yesterday I hadn't a clue at times what speed I was doing which is a bit worrying due to the number of speed cameras we all endure.

Have you found the same problem or found a solution?

• Sad 1

Rocker66
4 minutes ago, Tel said:

Andy, can I pick your brain?

I'm finding it really difficult to see the speedo/display on my CB500FA especially in sunlight. Riding down to the 1066 Cafe meet yesterday I hadn't a clue at times what speed I was doing which is a bit worrying due to the number of speed cameras we all endure.

Have you found the same problem or found a solution?

I know what you mean although I can see the speedo in the sun but not the smaller figures. Sue says she has the same thing on her 650. Have you tried one of the anti glare covers for it. They can usually be found on the Bay that precedes FBay.

Edited by Rocker66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Andy m

I have the same problem and no solution I'm afraid. I had a play with cardboard and tape but no joy, it'd need to be like that box Mr. Spock kept looking in. 

I use a wireless headset connected to my phone. If the sun is bad and I'm riding where the tax vans are I set it to ping when I speed. It's annoying but paying the tax would be worse. 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

EastSussexPete

A business opportunity if ever there was a need. Dash shade. Can the angle be adjusted? Would It help?

Ps. I love my NC coloured dash. 

Chriswright03

Look on the bright side, excuse the pun.  In the UK you don't have the problem that often whereas out here in Cyprus it is a a constant problem.  I sincerely hope you are all feeling for me now.:D

• Haha 2

Tel
3 hours ago, Chriswright03 said:

Look on the bright side, excuse the pun.  In the UK you don't have the problem that often whereas out here in Cyprus it is a a constant problem.  I sincerely hope you are all feeling for me now.:D

Thanks Chris, I was moved to tears by your plight!

It helps to know someone is suffering more than us...[or not]...

• Haha 2

Chriswright03

You are more than welcome Tel.  In actual fact apart from a very short ride the other day to go and pick up a new bike cover it hasn't been out for a couple of months so it hasn't been an issue.  Still 32c here today but we are going to start using it again very soon. 

All I ever can see on the speedo is the speed as all of the other stuff is too small to read and lost in the glare anyway.  Even when I park up it is too difficult to make out what is what if there is any light on it.  Very poor design I reckon but then I didn't spend thousands on R and D to come up with it so what do I know?

• Like 1

ncx19

Black on white blacklit background would be better for sure.  I like color, but this is too washed out and low contrast.

google Speedo Angels.  Glossy and matte screen protectors available.  Have used both previously on other bikes.  Stick with matte.