Sign in to follow this  
sams700

Yamaha t7 tenere

sams700

Hi just curious to people’a thoughts on these?

wjvh

I had a sit on one at MotoGP, not a ride though. Felt nice, not too tall (I’m 5’10) and build quality looked good. A well proven engine. Not many accessories yet available but I'm sure they will appear. I would ask yourself - are you really going to go off road? If yes then get a CRF250L; if not then don’t buy an off roader of any size or flavour.

• Like 3

lazlo woodbine

The only bike that has seriously turned my head since I got the Rally. Off road ability(unlike me:D) and a decent turn of speed on the roads. I suffer  with tingling in the hands after an hour on The Rally at main road speeds. I must get to sit on one a take a test ride.

sams700

The plan in my head is to go gentle off road as it’s something I have always wanted to do.

Also I want to do some light touring - and hopefully go a little off road.

I realise that the nc750x will probably suffice.  However as pretty as I find the NC I just fancy one (need to ride one though).

i had always wanted a GS but the whole shaft drive, bmw ownership costs just did not make sense for me.

i have ridden a tracer and the engine is a peach but I don’t find the tracer attractive enough for me to want one.

I suspect I will end up one day with the no as I have a weak left wrist but I wondered if I could do one last song on something else

• Like 2

alhendo1
1 hour ago, sams700 said:

However as pretty as I find the NC I just fancy one (need to ride one though).

Sounds like a good enough reason to me...it's a good looking bike👍

• Like 1

outrunner

They seem to be in short supply as I was talking to a mate at the weekend in the Dales who has had one on order since the beginning of August and the dealer expects delivery in October. :shocked:

Andy.

Tonyj

For me the fly in the ointment is that the sub frame isn't,  its the frame and if it gets a tweak, ie you bin it off road then its a gonna.

bike is seriously compromised on the front. 

other stuff would make it first choice but if you are keen about the off road bit then this may mean you get a bit handy with the scaffold poles  :0)

Edited by Tonyj
  • Like 1

Tonyj

Sorry should read “that”front . By which I mean duff this up and it gets serious to fix if you can.

• Haha 1