Trips a and b

Guest Assalves

Guest Assalves

Hi guys

Just bought a 2017 Nc750XD and I have been love it. But I find the fuel consumption fairly high... I use to do 4.3 4.5 on city usage, never less than that...

But in the fuel consumptions analysis I found out something that seems even weirder than this fuel consumptions for a NC, that both trip A and trip B are counting miles simultaneously, whether I'm ridding in trip A or B. Example: I had 20 miles on both Trip A and B, I resented trip A. I put on Trip B and gone for a 20 miles ride. At the end I had 20 miles on Trip A and 40 on Trip B. 

I would like to know your thoughts about this two issues. 

Drive safe

Edited by Assalves

Hi, & welcome.

Trip meters are fine and working as intended. Did you get an owner's manual? It is stored under a flap at the bottom of the "frunk".

Anyway, an example of how I think the trip meters are meant to be used would be starting off on a tour with A and B set to zero with a full tank. Each time you go on to reserve an extra (10th) display mode appears in the sequence - telling you how far you've gone on reserve. Each time you fill up trip A is zeroed manually or automatically (there is a setting to turn this on/off). The temporary reserve mode is deleted from the sequence once filled.

So... at the end of the tour, trip B tells you your total consumption and A has been telling you how far you've gone on each tank.

My B trip is currently reading around 90mpg  or 3.1 ltr/100km over 4,000 miles. I don't do much city use so can't comment on that.

• 3 weeks later...

If you start with both at zero and go a run, both A & B will show the same.  Eg 20mls covered and 80mpg.  This is the average mpg for the run

You then  reset A. It will be zero, but B will still show 20/80 

After your next run, 50mls.   A will show 50 mls & 70mpg   This is you average mpg for the 50ml run

B will show 70mls & 75.8mpg. This is your average mpg for the 70mls you’ve done

etc etc

say you do 700 mls but never reset B

it would show 700 + 72.8 mpg.

That means over the 700 mls you have done 72.8 mpg