Bolt Remover Kit

Spindizzy

Spindizzy

Serviced my scooter this weekend. Was a bit delayed as the monkey metal on the sump bolt just rounded no matter what. So paused to get a cheap set of bolt removers. Only about £12 and got that stripped bolt of in seconds. 

Gently tap in the place and it cuts in the bolt so no way it would strip. I dumped the old sump bolt which was one of those large discs with an O ring seal. £2.50 for a new one. Love scooters ;)

Handy set to have in your garage for those oh %&*£ moments.

3c4e3367-d97e-42bb-9232-6da36901432b.jpg

• Like 4

That’s creative marketing. Make shit bolts and then sell bolt kit removers :0)

• Haha 1

Not a bad bit if kit, where did you get it?

Cheap kits from Banggood.com other retailers are available :ahappy:

I have had my set for years, think it was my Dad's KingDick

remember them! But as said cheap kits are ok for the odd use

we give them.. Also of the river site and the bay site.

• Like 2
Spindizzy
1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Not a bad bit if kit, where did you get it?

From that auction site. 

Great things to get you out of a bind. I had to get some cheap ones from screwfix last time I changed oil on the NC as the winter seemed to have welded it in....  amazed at the torque the remover applied to get it out :-). Having the right tool always makes life's jobs seem simpler :-)

• Like 2
Andy m

Useful looking bit of kit. 

The CL has suffered from "10 foot bar is better than 5 foot bar" syndrome under the previous owner. To date, beyond the usual mole grips and centre pop level the roughest I had to get was the swing arm spindle. Hammered a 7/8 socket onto the formerly 23mm nut and used the torque gun from there. I also suspect the septics used their variants of inch sized tools on it which won't have helped. 

Andy

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a link for the bolt removers? Out of curiosity why do folks say things like the river site and the bay site or that auction site? Am new to this game, why the subterfuge? I assume folks are refering to that auction site? thanks for any info. PLOT THICKENS THE EDIT WON'T LET ME WRITE E-BAY

Edited by MPG100
fred_jb
20 minutes ago, MPG100 said:

Is there a link for the bolt removers? Out of curiosity why do folks say things like the river site and the bay site or that auction site? Am new to this game, why the subterfuge? I assume folks are refering to that auction site? thanks for any info. PLOT THICKENS THE EDIT WON'T LET ME WRITE E-BAY

I believe it is because the site owner, Ted, is not happy with people posting links to e-b-a-y, possibly because it can be abused by people trying to sell their own stuff without signing up as a forum supporter, which gives you the right to use the official for sale forum.  The forum therefore automatically replaces e-b-a-y with "that auction site" . This can be a nuisance if all you are trying to do is let someone else know where you bought something useful, but having said that I am pretty sure that recently I have found that links seem to still work even when the e-b-a-y part has been substituted - not sure why!   I don't think the same thing applies to Amazon, which as far as I know does not get substituted.  You will also find that b-r-e-x-i-t gets replaced by "hamburger" to discourage comments on that contentious subject, as any political discussions are frowned on here and will generally be stopped by Ted - which is probably a good thing and helps to maintain the uniquely civilised nature of discourse on this forum.

Edited by fred_jb
  • Like 2
Jeffprince

Cheeseburger.....Hamburger is reserved to replace "general election," hopefully!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
fred_jb
Just now, Jeffprince said:

Cheeseburger.....Hamburger is reserved to replace "general election," hopefully!

Thanks for the correction Jeff.   Personally I prefer my hamburgers without cheese, but no excuse for getting this wrong!