Headlight bulb change advice

Vanis

Hello all, quick question about changing the headlight bulb on my 700x. I had a go based on a couple of videos I'd seen, I could get my hand in there no problem but couldn't get the box connector off the back of the bulb.

So I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I got the book out, tried to do as it says, i.e. pull the socket off without turning it, but the thing doesn't want to come off at all. I didn't want to pull at it any harder in case something snaps or I slip and yank the wires out.

Has anyone else had this problem, or am I missing something? It seems like a some enough job and I'm guessing it needs a bit of a wiggle to get it off but this feels really stuck.

Any tips appreciated, thanks.

Slowboy

Mine was the same, it just needed a really hefty pull to get it moving. I ended up taking the body work off the front end so I could get to it properly (NC700X) as I really struggled to get my hand in there (big hands)

Ok, cheers. I'm prone to being overly cautious with things like this so looks like I'll just have to try harder.

I had exactly the same problem with my work Pan.

its the heat on the terminals that causes it.

On the NC, If you turn the bars as far to the right as possible, there is just enough room to release the securing clip part way then wriggle the bulb and connector out together.

It is quite fiddly, if you have big hands, but do-able.

You can then pull the connector off using both hands. However, hold the bulb with a rag in case you accidentally break the glass.

Edited by Grumpy Meltdown

guys , a H4 bulb socket has small plastic tabs on the inside of the parallel terminal cavities to remove the bulb gently squeeze the connector and it should just slip off

I have large hands (Size 14 or xxxxl)....  I can change the bulb, but it takes careful manipulation and considerable contortion.  Next time I will employ my daughter.

No problem with the size of my hands but useful to know those points as well, thanks. Forgot to bring the bulb with me to work today as I was go I NG to have another go on my lunch break, ah well.