ahhh the AT won't go out of 'N'

rjp996

tried to ride the AT and it won't select out of neutral (its a DCT).

my feeling is its because the battery is low as its been prob 3 weeks, maybe more since I started it.

However before I connect up the charger I was wondering if anyone understood the DCT error code sequence codes

I just went and video'd it and the gear selector '-' does one long flash, followed by 2 shorter long flashes, followed by 7 quick flashes. My read on this from the manual is that the initial very long flash is the indicator of the start of the sequence. The two long flashes after each represent a value of 10, and the short flashes a value of 1 each. So I would have 20-7 as the error code, however there is not 20-7 error code in the manual, it goes from 19-1 to 21-1. Has anyone decoded these codes before. thanks

i may have answered my own question.... looks like I need to short the diagnostic plug under the seat and then read the stored error in the PCM via the MIL light blink codes. Odd however the '-' sign on the DCT seems to have a section in the manual on blink code reading but for the life of me I can't find the sequencing codes

If I was you I would start by simply recharging the battery. You may find it sorts itself out without needing codes. If by chance it has stopped with the dogs slightly meshed you can free this up by gently rocking the bike backwards and forwards.

• Like 1

This may be of no use whatsoever, but the NC700 manual shows 27 as being the shift drum position sensor. AT may be totally different codes.

5dbcc5aac5545_shiftdrum.jpg.0dcc92dbfce0bba2e99e738367b0b2bc.jpg

Worth having a fiddle with the connector to this, connectors are the most troublesome item in any electrical system.

• Like 2

If the battery was almost out it may have left the shift drum in the wrong position. Try the rocking method. I think it mentions it in the owners manual. 

• Like 1

Hi Richard,

As others said I would recharge battery first and see if problem still persists. Rocking back and forth as Peter mentioned might be as well helpful.

Below is what AT Workshop Manual says about code 27-1.

DTC 27-1.jpg

DTC 27-1page 2.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like I solved the problem by recharging the battery and clearing the fault code - and all is now good - so thank you all..

charging the battery was however ever not simple as the two hex head screws would not budge and ended up both rounding off, even after using quality Wera tools and a freeze spray to try to move it. These screws had never been removed but even after I finally got them out have no signed of any corrosion at all... ended up having to drill the centre with a 5mm drill and then using a large left hand drill bit to get them out - and this was after giving up using a chisel and hammer to budge them... found a place that does A2 stainless black dome head screw to replace these who's heads appeared to be made of cheese 🧀 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Access is a nightmare. I would suggest just not going too mad when tightening them up. Glad your sorted. One of the first things I do on any bike these days is to add tails for a smart charger. Eastern Beaver has a great custom made harness for their power supply.

• Like 2