Glad its only a concept - Honda CB4X

Exceledsteve

Agreed. :no:

slowboy
2 minutes ago, Exceledsteve said:

Agreed. :no:

Me to 🤢

riders in the storm

Obviously the looks are questionable, but is at an "adventure" bike using the CB650 motor...?

Honda needs something to fill the gap between an NC750X at 7 grand and the VFR800X at 10 grand....

Could this, with more real looks, be that bike....?

• Like 1

Rocker66

Providing I could actually get on it I would be interested especially if the did it in the red colour scheme of the old CBX6 instead of the silver one that this one is.

• Like 1

baben

Hmm. By the time the Tracer is three years old these should be in production. Hope it is lighter than the NCX. Mind you I can see it has the usual problem of no mudguards front or rear.

Edited by baben
  • Haha 1

Haggard Rider

All adventure bikes have looks that are 'questionable' to my mind, but this doesn't look so thrown together as the rest of them. 

Agree that there's needs to be 'something else' with the 650/4 lump, too nice an engine not to use to it's fullest.

Wonder if there's a concept DCT 650/4 anywhere?

• Like 1

Tex
1 minute ago, baben said:

Hmm. By the time the Tracer is three years old these should be in production. Hope it is lighter than the NCX

Love it! Planning your next bike before you have even picked your new one up! Good man. :niceone:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

DCTPaul

looking more street 'n supermoto than adventure...

bloke has a 650/4 at work... pipes are so 400/four...

nice!

Edited by DCTPaul

Andy m

Adventure Sports Bike? So what's it for? Getting your knee down outside Starbucks? Making sure your a**e starts to hurt before your neck goes stiff? 

Looks like it was designed by a seven year old as a follow up to "Mummy's Quashkai breaks the sound barrier while making ice cream". 

Andy

• Haha 4

larryblag

Want :P

• Like 1

outrunner

Looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. :shocked:

Andy.

• Haha 3

larryblag

Put me down for one then. Attractive people attract attractive partners... :D

Grumpy Meltdown

I actually think it looks sort of OK, if it’s supposed to be a sports bike with a hint of adventure styling.

If it’s the other way round, I reckon it’s just plain daft!

It reminds me a bit of the Suzuki Katana, but at least that had rear indicators.

listener

"[D]esigned to tackle urban riding, weekend blasts, mountain passes, and even some long-distance touring."

Only if your "long-distance touring" exclusively involves visiting nudist camps. :unsure:

I can't see how the hell you'd attach more than a G-string and toothbrush to that thing.

And I wouldn't want to be a pillion on it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

larryblag
33 minutes ago, listener said:

"[D]esigned to tackle urban riding, weekend blasts, mountain passes, and even some long-distance touring."

Only if your "long-distance touring" exclusively involves visiting nudist camps. :unsure:

I can't see how the hell you'd attach more than a G-string and toothbrush to that thing.

Yup. Put me down for one :thumbsup::D

Rocker66
1 hour ago, listener said:

People go touring on sports bikes and even 50cc mopeds so where there is will there’s a way.

• Like 1

sandalfarm

Where does the attractive  partner  sit ? 

Rocker66
15 minutes ago, sandalfarm said:

On her/his own bike.😀😀

• Like 2

listener
24 minutes ago, sandalfarm said:

It has rear pegs, so I imagine that's a cover at the back.

However, the shape of that rear seat is hardly 'ergonomic'; especially if you are like Queen and like your girls amply buttocked! :whistle:

The tank (that looks like the filler cover just in front of the rider) looks like it's shrouded by the plastic fairing, so a magnetic tank-bag is likely a no-no.

And the flanks of the tank area are quite deep, so you'll need bloody long straps for a non-mag tank-bag.

But to paraphrase Rocker, "where there's a will, there's a determined bodger". :D

Edited by listener
  • Haha 1

Tex
2 hours ago, Grumpy Meltdown said:

I actually think it looks sort of OK, if it’s supposed to be a sports bike with a hint of adventure styling.

If it’s the other way round, I reckon it’s just plain daft!

It reminds me a bit of the Suzuki Katana, but at least that had rear indicators.

That’s it! The smaller Katanas, the 550 & 650. I knew it reminded me of something. :) 

I rather like it. But that’s OK. No, really. Be interesting to see the final version (bet it doesn’t have the Ohlins forks that the prototype has.. ;) ).

DMB

A part of me quite likes the bonkers looks.  That tail is especially nuts, but where is one expected to put a number plate?  Not a problem if you're HRH, but I doubt she'll be buying one.

• Haha 1

Rocker66
12 minutes ago, DMB said:

A part of me quite likes the bonkers looks.  That tail is especially nuts, but where is one expected to put a number plate?  Not a problem if you're HRH, but I doubt she'll be buying one.

Possibly a side number plate as on some customs.

Jeffprince

The number plate can go on the top box....

• Haha 1

Andy m

I think I get what they are up to now. Before the Starwars/Druggie film bloke video'd his holiday Honda sold Sports bikes. Then BMW sold a load of GS's. Now the market is full, you have a choice of new to 1980's. However, get you in the showroom to look at this, with promises of skyhooks off road and getting your knee down without a stiff neck and they can push the performance side. Convince you you need a Fireplace, which looks better and handles better for the half hour test ride, like your dad had, and suddenly there aren't enough three year old used bikes to go round and PCP looks attractive. They love the C90 for the wife, NC for going to work, Fireplace for the weekend, Goldwing for your holidays model and hate the idea a CB500 will do the lot. This is the push back?

Andy

• Like 2