Hmm?

larryblag
DL650 Vstrom

• Like 9

embee

Hmmm? Ooooh. Aaaaah! :lol:

• Haha 2

slowboy

Hmm, posted in the middle of the day, when frankly he should be working, I wonder if someone's been shopping this morning :frantics:

😉😉😉😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Jeffprince

Suits you sir....

• Thanks 1

Trev

I've got one for a couple of weeks in NZ early next year so will let you know what it's like, first impression is pig ugly thing .... the bike :blush:

• Haha 11

Ciaran1602

It seems a nice fit. I think on balance I prefer the Versys looks wise but you don't look at it when you're riding it! 

• Thanks 1

larryblag

Low seat option for the Vstrom - 815mm. The Versys is brilliant, I had a mk1 had to fit a, short shock though. 

29 minutes ago, slowboy said:

Hmm, posted in the middle of the day, when frankly he should be working, I wonder if someone's been shopping this morning :frantics:

😉😉😉😂😂

Off poorly sick at mo. 

Just bothering dealers at mo. No plans till new year

• Sad 1

slowboy
1 hour ago, larryblag said:

Low seat option for the Vstrom - 815mm. The Versys is brilliant, I had a mk1 had to fit a, short shock though. 

Off poorly sick at mo. 

Just bothering dealers at mo. No plans till new year

Then hope you get well soon young man.

Brian.

• Thanks 1

larryblag

Thanks Brian. 

Being passed a leaflet entitled "Guide to Dementia Services" by my counsellor hasn't helped. Got to ask Dr's to get me properly tested. It might explain my loss of confidence with motorcycling though :hmm:

• Sad 8

Tex
16 minutes ago, larryblag said:

Thanks Brian. 

Being passed a leaflet entitled "Guide to Dementia Services" by my counsellor hasn't helped. Got to ask Dr's to get me properly tested. It might explain my loss of confidence with motorcycling though :hmm:

Oh God! I hope not, matey. :( 

• Thanks 1

Rocker66
21 minutes ago, larryblag said:

Thanks Brian. 

As Tex says I hope the test results go well for you.

• Thanks 1

PoppetM

Have you forgotten where you have parked your Loco again?! 

No seriously, sorry I shouldn't be making light of it, I for one seriously hope the Counsellor is barking up the wrong tree.  :( 

Enjoy shopping, I still like looking at and sitting on bikes even if I am not buying and that is fairly similar to Network Rail colours  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

slowboy

Philip, that's a shock. Hope it turns out ok and as poppet said their barking up the wrong tree. 

• Thanks 1

Andy m

Hope you get the right result on the test. Personally I think they have the wrong idea, you are just naturally doolally. 

The Strom is a brilliant ride. Make sure you get a proper go before buying though, they can be top heavy lumps. Also, look at the service intervals and/or history. The spark plug under the back of the tank is a three day expedition through a plastic jungle that'd terrify that Grilled Bear bloke. If it's due get them to fit platinum plugs. 

Andy

Edited by Andy m
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

riders in the storm

I like them, I think thats the 1000 (?), there's a grand off at the moment, I loved the riding position on my 650XT.......

Tempted myself.....

• Like 1

baben

I really hope you are okay matey. If it is any consolation, my hospital notes when I had my dicky ticker thingie said "no formal diagnosis of dementia", so like me you might just be getting old!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sandalfarm

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome, the v strom always looks as if it's collapsed in the middle to me

• Thanks 1

larryblag
1 hour ago, PoppetM said:

Enjoy shopping, I still like looking at and sitting on bikes even if I am not buying and that is fairly similar to Network Rail colours  :thumbsup:

Not thought of that, that'll stop me having it! Lol 

40 minutes ago, riders in the storm said:

I like them, I think thats the 1000 (?), there's a grand off at the moment, I loved the riding position on my 650XT.......

Tempted myself.....

Nope. It's deffo the 650.

Honestly, I hated the look when it came out (like a landlocked dolphin). But it's funny how perception changes over time. 

It's a one owner 4k miles and looks straight our of its packing crate. Is actually the XT spec except for the alloy wheels (previous owner must have seen sense and insisted they were swapped). 

41 minutes ago, Andy m said:

Personally I think they have the wrong idea, you are just naturally doolally. 

Andy

Haha, yes that's me Andy. And I'm sure you're right. 

As my job is safety critical and I'm exposed to so many moving, heavy things I thought it best to sign off sick until I'm feeling me again. 

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I knew I could count on you lot! :hug:

41 minutes ago, Andy m said:

The Strom is a brilliant ride. Make sure you get a proper go before buying though, they can be top heavy lumps. Also, look at the service intervals and/or history. The spark plug under the back of the tank is a three day expedition through a plastic jungle that'd terrify that Grilled Bear bloke. If it's due get them to fit platinum plugs. 

Andy

Thanks Andy, Glendon mentioned that too. If they still have it after Christmas and assuming I'm feeling up to it I'll have a good and proper ride first. 

Cager on two wheels liked it a lot. Ironically not as much as his Tracer though. 

I'll keep you all posted obviously. :ahappy:

• Like 2

alhendo1

I am sorry to hear about your circumstances LB....hopefully they are indeed barking up the wrong tree....fingers crossed tests come back ok👍.....as for the bike I personally think the V Strom looks good...especially in yellow....suits you Sir.

• Thanks 1

Tonyj

Philip pma mate , pma on the bike confidence thing 

Every now and then I wake up and think wtf is going on . I get moaned at most days for stuff that’s out of my control ( work ) and I seriously consider binning the bikes as these sometimes seem to be another problem I don’t want.

then I have a nutty ride or bimble  and have a reset.  Can’t help on the medical stuff but I’m all over the life advice  :0) if you can’t rub ointment on it , I’m out . as the dragons say . Also if you are going down the forgetting stuff route  the ride will always be good. see upside . Seriously though all the best as we all know it’s a worry when you are faced with these wait and see result moments. Btw it’s great to be able to use the word ointment in a serious post :0) your turn.

• Like 2

Tonyj

As an aside I have been reading these post ref new bits of kit with a bit more relish and making perfect sense to me Why it would be a good move, (Dianne Abbot maths) and I may just sell my crosstourer and nc because I’m not really commuting on it it as my work focus has changed to more local ( not inner london ) yippee.. and having the crosstourer just for foreign jaunts is a bit of a luxury so I thought I’d combine them . Still have a nice bike but one which I could use for both so leaning towards a 2020 africa twin . Had a word with Hadrian at Kent mc’s said I would see him next week . Thought about a gs but don’t want to drop 16.5K .

my old dit bike friend now owns a BM dealers in Suffolk  so you never know . 
I have had these thoughts before but managed to squash them :0) but it’s all this political junk I am having to endure making want to cheer myself up.

• Like 1

baben
31 minutes ago, Tonyj said:

owns a BM dealers in Suffolk  so you never know . 

Is that the place outside Long Melford?

Eddie17

Sounds as if you have a stressful job Larry just take wee bit time out ,chill out and confidence will come back.

• Thanks 1

larryblag

After my counsellor session I went straight to the Greyhound (only a few doors away) and treated myself to one of these. 

Jam Donut Pale Ale. Shouldn't work but it does. It was just what I needed too. 

Ooooh!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

outrunner

Hope all goes OK mate.

Andy.

• Thanks 1