• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveThackery

• Grumpy old man

• pmjones79

• embee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Thanks to all you wonderful people my bike is alive again. Today I replaced the clutch and it did the job. I am chuffed to bits that i finally got there. I had so much help from a

Do you have the "check engine" light on? If yes then find out what the fault code is.   Does it have oil in it?   Do the brakes get unusually hot? Can you push the bike easily in n

… there was an OP?

Posted Images

outrunner

Glad to hear you got it sorted mate, every day is a learning day. :)

Andy.

Grumpy old man

Good stuff well done.

Slowboy

Nice one Peter. There's nothing more satisfying than sorting a problem in the end.

• Like 1
DaveM59

Often the obvious is overlooked in an attempt to find something easier or cheaper to fix but even doing this you may learn something or aquire tools that will come in handy in the future so the only thing wasted is time. Glad it's sorted, did you find changing the clutch at all difficult, something I have not done yet either?

• Like 1

Great job, well done 

• Like 1
SteveThackery

Great news - well done!  If you remember anything from this, I hope it is:

Diagnose, don't just swap bits and hope.   Gather data, apply logic, gather more data, apply more logic until fault localised.

(Sorry for sounding preachy, it's just that I hate to see people spending loads of hard-earned cash unnecessarily, whilst the parts supplier stokes up his holiday fund.  What's worse is that lots of "professional" mechanics take exactly the same approach, knowing that the customer will have to pay for it all anyway.)

Edited by SteveThackery
  • Like 2