Sign in to follow this  
Stu Brown

Integra - improved rear shock.

Stu Brown

In the quest for an acceptable quality of ride / comfort, I have fitted an M - Shock  rear monoshock unit. I gave them mine and the wife's weights and an allowance for luggage.

First ride was solo, and the improvement was quite noticeable. Yesterday we managed a two up ride around the Peak District, and the improvement was very marked. The ride is now more 'composed', more settled. I am hoping this will provide a more relaxed riding experience, as I won't notice the bumps and bangs that were a feature with the original shock.

Incidentally, I followed Trisaki's advice and changed the front fork oil to 5 grade with 140mm air gap which improved the front end feel.

Overall , the Integra is much improved.

• Like 4

trisaki
On 19/11/2019 at 10:27, Stu Brown said:

In the quest for an acceptable quality of ride / comfort, I have fitted an M - Shock  rear monoshock unit. I gave them mine and the wife's weights and an allowance for luggage.

First ride was solo, and the improvement was quite noticeable. Yesterday we managed a two up ride around the Peak District, and the improvement was very marked. The ride is now more 'composed', more settled. I am hoping this will provide a more relaxed riding experience, as I won't notice the bumps and bangs that were a feature with the original shock.

Incidentally, I followed Trisaki's advice and changed the front fork oil to 5 grade with 140mm air gap which improved the front end feel.

Overall , the Integra is much improved.

While you were there did you grease the shock linkage? 

• Like 1

Stu Brown

Oh Yes.................Like it's life depended on it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rocker66
19 minutes ago, Stu Brown said:

Oh Yes.................Like it's life depended on it!

It probably does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1