fred_jb

Fred's New Wheels

Chris750

Happy new bike sir. Good point about the QS and neutral.

• Thanks 1

alhendo1

That is an absolute cracker...a real quality bit of kit....all the best with your new bike👍

• Thanks 1

baben

For a moment I did a mental loop the loop. RS I thought - Street Triple - but Fred's a BMW man. What's going on?  Anyway, nice looking bike and a tasteful colour scheme too. Don't forget to update your profile....

Edited by baben
  • Thanks 1

fred_jb
5 minutes ago, baben said:

For a moment I did a mental loop the loop. RS I thought - Street Triple - but Fred's a BMW man. What's going on?  Anyway, nice looking bike and a tasteful colour scheme too. Don't forget to update your profile....

Thanks for the reminder - now updated!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Radarman

Congratulations on your new steed Fred! Brilliant looking bike!!

And I tend to be familiar with your driveway nowadays as I seem to think all your previous bikes were photographed from the same spot  :rolleyes:

Safe riding and I hope we will cross our paths sometime in the not distant future :thumbsup:

Edited by Radarman
  • Thanks 1

fred_jb
Just now, Radarman said:

Congratulations on your new steed Fred! Brilliant looking bike!!

And I tend to be familiar with your driveway as I seem to think all your previous bikes were photographed from the same spot :rolleyes:

Safe riding and I hope we will cross our paths sometime in the not distant future :thumbsup:

Thanks Hubert.  You are quite right about my favourite bike photo location!   It would be good to meet up again.   Hopefully I can attend one of NC meets when the weather gets a bit better, and put some running in miles on the bike before the holiday season.

• Like 2

Tex

Lovely looking steed Sir Fred! Enjoy! :niceone:

• Thanks 1

Rocker66

Smart looking bike. Enjoy it in safety.

• Thanks 1

Eddie17

It's a beauty :thumbsup: . Enjoy 

• Thanks 1

PoppetM

Looks a beauty, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at a meet!

• Thanks 1

sams700

Looks lush- hope it came with heated grips - you would have needed them 

• Like 1

RC166

Very nice indeed Fred! To my eyes it looks far better than the GS, and I bet we’ll see hardly any around.

What do you fancy next then?:aww:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RC166

Watch out for that pesky cat across the road, it’s eyeing up that RS seat for scratching practice!

• Haha 1

Exceledsteve

That's beautiful Fred. My bike of choice and top of my one-day list. Right, I'm off to count the contents of my £2 jar and work out when that day might be. :niceone:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Rocker66

£2 jar?.?  It’s obviously true about Surrey being a wealthy area.😀😀😀

• Haha 4

fred_jb
1 hour ago, sams700 said:

Looks lush- hope it came with heated grips - you would have needed them 

Thanks, and yes it has heated grips. Having been criticised in the past for being too wimpy, these days BMW heated grips have two settings, nuclear reactor hot and very hot.  I fit grip puppies to mine which moderates the lower very hot setting to just right, with the nuclear option just employed for a quick heat up from cold.  These also have the effect of increasing the diameter of the throttle which I find makes fine control easier.

Edited by fred_jb

fred_jb
1 hour ago, RC166 said:

Very nice indeed Fred! To my eyes it looks far better than the GS, and I bet we’ll see hardly any around.

What do you fancy next then?:aww:

Thanks, but steady on there!  I know I have a bit of a reputation as a serial bike changer, but I'm not seriously thinking of the next bike just yet!  Having said that, it has occurred to me that if I need to move to something lighter in future, then the new BMW F900 XR looks a good option.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

arengle

very beautiful, you are going to keep the sport handlebar or you will change to "normal" ones?

• Like 1

fred_jb
Just now, arengle said:

very beautiful, you are going to keep the sport handlebar or you will change to "normal" ones?

Thanks, I agree that it is a good looking bike, and that is part of the attraction to me, despite the sportier riding position.   My problem is that I have a very long back, but only average length arms and legs so it is more of a reach to the bars than the GS and the screen is nowhere near high enough.  I am going to fit bar risers and keep the original nice looking bars, but changing to the bars from the naked R sister bike, or some aftermarket bars is an option if needed, though I don't feel the standard bars are far off what I need.  I've got the V-Stream Touring screen to hopefully fix the screen issue.

• Like 2

fred_jb
1 hour ago, RC166 said:

Watch out for that pesky cat across the road, it’s eyeing up that RS seat for scratching practice!

Haha - yes though the bike will be locked away in the garage when not riding, so the seat is probably safe.  More than can be said for our front lawn which that pesky animal uses as its favourite pooping ground!

• Haha 2

Ciaran1602

Now that Fred looks like an absolute corker. Congratulations on getting the bike you wanted in the end!

• Like 1

Trev

That looks very nice indeed, congrats Fred

• Like 1

Tonyj

S’alright I suppose ( said through gritted teeth ) I’d have one if you paid me ....... ah rubbish,  it’s a blinding bike Fred and a nice colour to boot . Bet the misses chose that though . She is the one with taste:0)

Edited by Tonyj
  • Like 1

fred_jb

Thanks Tony. I did actually chose the colour all by myself though my wife also likes it!  Usually prefer black bikes, and don't like bright colours, but this very dark blue just appealed for some reason.

• Like 1