nigelspencer

'13 DCT flashing '-' in D but not in S

nigelspencer

It's been a few years since I had the flashing '-' problem (the rubbish pin that Honda fitted) and now something similar has returned. If I run in D from starting it will start flashing a few times over the first 10 miles, usually when I come to a halt however it happened on the motorway this morning when it was in 5th gear. If I run in S from starting then I get no problem. Obviously the revs are higher in S but has anyone else has something similar?

DaveM59

Sounds more like an electrical gremlin than a mechanical problem. Check and clean all the connectors particularly the ones to the dash and the one to the RH switch gear.

kayz1

What Dave said along with ....the Revs should not be higher only that the bike holds on to the gear for longer before it changes gear...so over all it

still has the same ratios ..if you no what i mean..

embee

Definitely sounds like electrical, and connectors are always the prime suspects in these cases. I had issues with tarnished pins in the connectors from the handlebar wiring on my 2012 Integra 700 which prevented it starting. There are connectors inside the fairings both sides which join the switchgear to the main harness, get in there and give them a close looking at, spray with contact cleaner or similar and work them in/out a few times to try to ensure a good contact. The instrument connector is a good call too.

The connectors down at the lower end, on the shift motor and the various gear position sensors are worth getting at also.

• Like 1