Indicator switch

Guest Aldo Overend

Guest Aldo Overend

I just bought an nc 750x

Sometimes my indicator switch doesn't move left or right easily. Sprayed some silicone spray but did not improve much. It's kind of dangerous when you wish to go left or right abrubtly and the switch fails to move. Is it a bad switch design or is mine faulty?? Anyone had similar problems please??

It won't move left or right when it is pushed in. Is yours sticking in (as when you push it in to cancel the indicator)? It should spring in/out freely with a slight click when it is cancelling.

Yes, I find this. I have to remember to push/pull close to the base as the natural thumb angle can result in pressing the switch in a bit which locks it. Never had the problem on other bikes so I'd say design fault.

jeremyr62

I am a new NC owner and I have the same issue so I would say it's a poor design.

The issue i have with the NC, and with the SH...

On a Honda the horn switch is above the indicators...

On a Yamaha the horn switch is below the indicators...

I'm often giving a beep when going for the indicators...

• Like 1

Same issue with the position of the switches between the RT vs NC. 

Keeps you alert!

Edited by Graham
SteveThackery

Yep, I'm almost certain you are pushing the switch in just slightly, which will stop it moving sideways.  Poor design.

• Like 1
motorbykcourier

I regularly spray all my switches with GT85 it has PTFE in it.

I can be quite generous with the spray - moving all switches back and forth or up and down.

Usually have some kitchen roll to catch excess and overspray - but you'd be surprised at how much dirt gets flushed out

While occasionally the indicators might not be so smooth, I find the headlight high beam and flash that sticks the most

• Like 2