larryblag

Honda CB300R

Eddie17

I really like it.  Enjoy :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

neil700

Wow, it is just beautiful. I would sit outside and stare at it for hours. Compact and easy to handle... what a joy. We don’t get them here in sunny South Africa, what a pity. Happy and safe travels 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

larryblag

Fettlings:

Deffo:

15T Front sprocket (current is 14T - thanks Tex :thumbsup:

Maybe:

Puig screen - really like the look of this one 

https://puig.tv/en/bybike/honda_cb300r-neo-sports-cafe_2019

Probs not:

Tail tidy (not that bad in the flesh to be honest). Pricey and I want to keep such things standard if poss. 

• Like 4

Ciaran1602

Oh my that is absolutely gorgeous. It doesn't really lose anything aesthetically to it's bigger brothers - many happy miles on her!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jeffprince

Lovely...but the back end suggests the bike was designed as a single seater.

• Like 1

Rocker66
25 minutes ago, larryblag said:

Fettlings:

Deffo:

Maybe:

Probs not:

Tail tidy (not that bad in the flesh to be honest). Pricey and I want to keep such things standard if poss. 

Following Jeff’s comment I was wondering has Kelley tried the pillion position?

• Like 1

8ace

I got chatting to a lad on his CB125R. He loved it and I have to agree they look great, but he did say that from the rear it looks like a cat/dogs bottom with the placement of the lock above the rear light. 

Always makes me laugh. 

• Haha 1

larryblag
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 8ace said:

I got chatting to a lad on his CB125R. He loved it and I have to agree they look great, but he did say that from the rear it looks like a cat/dogs bottom with the placement of the lock above the rear light. 

Always makes me laugh. 

Reminds me of a joke by the late, great Ken Dodd. About the man who invented the cat's eyes. He got the idea from seeing a cat in the road ahead. If the cat had been going the other way he'd have invented the pencil sharpener... :D

Edited by larryblag
  • Haha 3

larryblag
7 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

Following Jeff’s comment I was wondering has Kelley tried the pillion position?

Yes Jeff, thanks Rocker too she has tried it briefly in the shop and though it's not the largest of pillion seats and the pegs are a bit high she'll be able to manage it for short distances which is what I've bought it for mainly. It's mainly for my commute and country lane blasts for which it's ideal :thumbsup:

• Like 3

rjp996

Larryblag - that is a very nice looking bike - im a fan of the other CB's in the range too - this one is not different and certainly look the part :-)

• Thanks 1

sandalfarm

For the sake of £100 or so I'd have to get a tail tidy before someone  snapped off the original 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Tex

I love it! And have done since seeing my first one when they first came out a year or so ago. It reminds me of a 350cc Ducati a friend had years ago. Such bikes have a lot to teach us. And I don’t care how good you (think) you are. 

Tail tidy? I don’t find the current set up offensive at all and there’s other little bits I would do first (sprocket, heated grips). Apart from that it doesn’t need much (in my eyes, but we all know how good they are :D ) just petrol and a destination.

You did good, Gaz. And I’m thrilled for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Andy m
18 minutes ago, sandalfarm said:

For the sake of £100 or so I'd have to get a tail tidy before someone  snapped off the original 

Wait until I've bought some shares in dry cleaning companies and Nikwax if you would please. 

Lovely bike. Needs lots of petrol before anything else. Anything that doesn't annoy you three tanks in a row is fine. 

Andy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Tonyj

Good colours 

• Thanks 1

Tonyj

I’d have to agree with Andy and I can tell you that goes against the grain for me . Bit like saying I think spurs will will the championship this season :0) . Worst thing I done was follow the trend and got a tail tidy !,,, all I get now is shit on my crash helmet and stones on my tank on the ktm . Never again :0)  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Grumpy old man
1 hour ago, larryblag said:

Fettlings:

Deffo:

Maybe:

Probs not:

15 from 14,  the crf goes from 14 to 13 to get the best from the engine and it's just a bigger Crf engine. Does the extra 50cc make so much difference?

Either way enjoy.

Must admit doesn't really float my boat, but it's good we not all the same.

• Like 1

Rocker66
1 hour ago, larryblag said:

Fettlings:

Deffo:

Maybe:

Probs not:

Should you change your mind about the tail tidy may I suggest you check to see if evotech to see if they do one. Sue bought their tail tidy for her CB650R after comparing it to the R&G offering and decided that it was far better quality. The mechanic also said that it was easier to fit as it didn’t need cutting of either the body work or wiring.

• Like 3

larryblag
Posted (edited)

Farkles:

15T sprocket ordered. And for £10 Labour I ain't getting my hands dirty and cold at this time of year. 

Yes, 50cc makes quite a difference. It'll easily pull an extra tooth (pardon the pun) and moves the slightly high rpm at 70mph down to be less buzzy. That said at 8k rpm everything smoothes out again. Plus the speedo then reads spot on apparently. 

Screen. Dunno yet. By about three tanks of juice (600 miles) I'll know. 

Tail tidy. Nah, it's fine as it is ta. 

Thanks though Rocker, if I do decide to change my mind later, I'll look up the evotech one. Fitting it is a doddle for me either way. I notice some have a small slot at the rear of the stalk mounting to avoid cutting and re-splicing wires. If not, my method is to push out the appropriate pins from the multi plug and refit after threading through.

Edited by larryblag
  • Like 5

riders in the storm

I've looked at the CB300 a few times and wondered whether I would be allowed a third bike in the garage..........:no:

I'm very tempted now.......:yes:

• Like 2

XXX
1 hour ago, Tonyj said:

Bit like saying I think spurs will will the championship this season :0) .

More like saying you think Spuds will win anything, any season. 🤪

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Rocker66
1 minute ago, Woody 99 said:

More like saying you think Spuds will win anything, any season. 🤪

As a matter of interest which team do you support? We need to know so that we can return the banter.😀😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

larryblag
Posted (edited)

Stags... 

I'll get yet another coat :D

Edited by larryblag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

larryblag
1 hour ago, riders in the storm said:

I've looked at the CB300 a few times and wondered whether I would be allowed a third bike in the garage..........:no:

I'm very tempted now.......:yes:

Remember what I've advised a million times on this 'ere forum. 

Buy it, stash it. 

A month or two down the line, if it's spotted - say this,

"Oh, this old thing... I've had it ages..." 

They do it with shoes and handbags. 

Kels! Erm... I can explain 

Ouch! OUCH! Sorry dear. Ouch! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Chris750

That is a lovely looking thing and reminded me I have one of these knocking about in the back of the garage. The YBR250 is not too common in this country and is a lovely little thing also with a proper back seat and mudguard :D Added to this years projects to recommission.

02yamaha-YBR250.jpg

• Like 3