Sign in to follow this  
Rocker66

A pictorial history of Sue & my motorcycles

slowboy

Very nice. I'll take the CB1300 please, but there's at least 10 bikes there I'd love to own.👍

• Like 3

Rocker66
7 minutes ago, slowboy said:

Very nice. I'll take the CB1300 please, but there's at least 10 bikes there I'd love to own.👍

I really liked that which is why I owned two of them..

• Like 3

Foxy

Sadly I don't even have a picture of all the bikes I have owned. Very nice collection Rocker and I'm sure you have some great memories of riding all of them.

• Like 1

Exceledsteve

Great collection and nicely compiled Rocker. A real treat. Thanks. :niceone:

• Like 2

Rocker66
36 minutes ago, Exceledsteve said:

Great collection and nicely compiled Rocker. A real treat. Thanks. :niceone:

Credit for the compilation goes to Sue. She is the one with the computer knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

wpbrown

Wow, impressive range of bikes!

Marvincon

Lined up end to end they would reach 1/2 way to the moon :thumbsup:

• Haha 4

listener

I've owned quite a few of those - CB500 (1990s twin), CBF600S, CBF1000S, Deauville (650), NC700X, NC750X, GPz305 (belt) and GPZ500S.

I recognise a couple of the sites too.

Eilean Donan castle (CB1300S).

The AA phone box (no 472) on the A93 at Cambus o May (CB1300S mkII).

Aultbea (Crossrunner).

I notice you forgot to say "cheese" in most/all of those photos. :P:lol:

• Like 1

Spindizzy

Curious to know. Did you mix brands throughout or did you tend to favour one manufacturer then another as you found the brand you liked?

I think most of your recent purchases have been Honda. 

• Like 1

baben

Glaring omission of Yamaha I think:devil: but what a wonderful biking life you guys have had so far. And room for a few more I imagine before the great mechanic in the sky calls you in for a rebuild.

PoppetM

Nice shot of the Brooklands Circuit which I believe may be the stretch opposite Tesco...

• Like 1

Mark8arker

CB900F  looks great! 

Rocker66
4 hours ago, baben said:

Glaring omission of Yamaha I think:devil: but what a wonderful biking life you guys have had so far. And room for a few more I imagine before the great mechanic in the sky calls you in for a rebuild.

XS2 XS650 XS750 XS250 plus not shown we’re another XS650 and a V80 so not really an omission.

• Like 1

Eddie17
6 hours ago, Marvincon said:

Lined up end to end they would reach 1/2 way to the moon :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

XS2 XS650 XS750 XS250 plus not shown we’re another XS650 and a V80 so not really an omission.

And back if you include omitted bikes ;)

Edited by Eddie17
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mr Toad

What a fantastic and eclectic collection of bikes Rocker. 

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

listener
34 minutes ago, Mr Toad said:

What a fantastic and eclectic collection of bikes Rocker. 

Thank you for sharing.

It also covers the political rainbow from far right (BMW's Nazi past), through 'conservative' (Brit iron), to far left (Soviet MZ). :devil: :lol:

Rev Ken

Even accepting the fact that neither Sue, nor Rocker are car drivers I doubt if there are many riders of all ages that have had such a variety of bikes. It makes my bike history puny in comparison, in spite of having a licence for around 10 years more than Rocker. Having met them a few years ago I take my hat off to them, they are true bikers in every sense of the word.

• Like 4

listener
5 minutes ago, Rev Ken said:

they are true bikers in every sense of the word.

Or they've got more money than sense! :P:lol:

• Haha 1

Rocker66
1 hour ago, listener said:

Or they've got more money than sense! :P:lol:

No we just don’t spend on some of the things that others do. Plenty of people on here have more than one car do several foreign trips a year buy designer cloths and so on. That’s all fine they spend there money how they choose in the same way that we spend our money on what gives us the most pleasure which are our bikes. Bikes for us are not a hobby or pastime but a life style. Each to their own.

Rocker66
1 hour ago, Rev Ken said:

Even accepting the fact that neither Sue, nor Rocker are car drivers I doubt if there are many riders of all ages that have had such a variety of bikes. It makes my bike history puny in comparison, in spite of having a licence for around 10 years more than Rocker. Having met them a few years ago I take my hat off to them, they are true bikers in every sense of the word.

Thank you Ken it was real pleasure meeting you too as we both found you a real gentleman. It’s a shame that I can’t get up your way anymore as would love to meet up with you again for a good chin wag. I found our conversation really interesting even if there were a couple of subjects we were never going to agree on.

Edited by Rocker66
  • Like 2

listener
16 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

No we just don’t spend on some of the things that others do

I was kidding. I'm actually in the same camp as you.

The idea of spending £100 on a pair of jeans or trainers is anathema to me.

I wear clothes until there's more holes than material - none of that "I must junk this; it's out of fashion".

I don't drink alcohol (except on very special occasions) or smoke.

Like you, I waste my money on stuff that pleases me like my bike or my (amateurish) attempts at creating music.

And, while I've enjoyed the small number of bike trips I've had abroad, I'd rather spend my cash visiting my own country's sights/sites in the limited time I have on this lump of astral debris.

16 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Each to their own.

Indeed!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2