Sign in to follow this  
Steveb2418

2020 V Strom

Steveb2418

Just seen pics of the 2020 V Strom . I was puzzled by a strange device over the the front wheel ? Then it dawned on me , a full length front mudguard !!  The revolutions here :-) 

• Like 2

8ace

Only seems to be on the 1050

Rocker66

I really like the fact that it looks so much like the 750 DRBIG I owned years ago.

• Like 2

Griff
20 hours ago, Steveb2418 said:

Just seen pics of the 2020 V Strom . I was puzzled by a strange device over the the front wheel ? Then it dawned on me , a full length front mudguard !!  The revolutions here :-) 

Nope, not just on the 2020. I have a 2016 and it also has a full length front mudguard. Pity about its headlamp/screen unit tho :cry:

• Thanks 1

deecat

I can not help but think that Suzuki have missed an opportunity by not adding some of the things fitted to the XT version ,or even offering them as an option.

I would have considered changing our 2018 bike but after visiting the NEC I have decided to keep our bike,much to the wife's relief as she finds it so comfy.

So I am currently stripping the NC750x of all its extras before doing the PX rounds instead .

Griff
38 minutes ago, deecat said:

I can not help but think that Suzuki have missed an opportunity by not adding some of the things fitted to the XT version ,or even offering them as an option.

I would have considered changing our 2018 bike but after visiting the NEC I have decided to keep our bike,much to the wife's relief as she finds it so comfy.

So I am currently stripping the NC750x of all its extras before doing the PX rounds instead .

I must admit that from a utilitarian point of view the only aspect of the 2020 that I would prefer over my 2016 is Cruise Control. Otherwise I am happy as is the Wife with Her perch. Aesthetically I obviously would prefer the 2020 headlamp unit etc. 

deecat

Yes just a shame that I don't like spoke wheels !

I have now committed to the V-strom long term as I have just bought a workshop manual from a forum member.! so the bike can stay until it gets to heavy for us.

larryblag
17 hours ago, Griff said:

Nope, not just on the 2020. I have a 2016 and it also has a full length front mudguard. Pity about its headlamp/screen unit tho :cry:

Looks a bit Katana - ish doesn't it? 

Chris750

I have it on good authority that the designer of the updated VStrom used to work at Lego. True story.

• Haha 2

Griff
3 hours ago, larryblag said:

Looks a bit Katana - ish doesn't it? 

If we are talking about my 2016 I think they tried to apply Hayabusa styling it just doesn't suit a so called big traillie. However as a practical long distance two up tourer it excels and that is sufficient to allow me live with its Godawful front end. Dunno what Suzuki were thinking and now Harley have just gone and done likewise with their effort at big traillies. I do think the 2020 Strom is a big improvement looks wise though. 

Edited by Griff
  • Thanks 1

larryblag

No Griff, I wasn't. In fact I quite like the earlier ones to be honest. I meant the new one has a Katana-like square headlamp which sits in a raised shrouded section. I think the previous generation (first with the "beak") looked better. In fact I almost bought a DL650 Vstrom just before Christmas :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Griff
53 minutes ago, larryblag said:

No Griff, I wasn't. In fact I quite like the earlier ones to be honest. 

I can do a special price for members :whistle:

• Haha 2