Martin bond

Accessory and lighting wiring all NC750 models 2015 on

Martin bond

For NC750X. 2015 on

Honda provides a Sub Harness part No 08A70-MJL-D30 which plugs in to the 6 pin connector provided on the bikes wiring loom. You will also need the relay and fuse kit 08A70-MGS-D30

There are three wires on the 6 pin connector on the bikes loom.  (pictured below)

·         Red/white which has +12V, switched from the ignition

·         Purple that has +12V switched with the High beam

·         Green wire to ground/ earth

The two wires that have +12v only do so when the key is in the on position and the fuse and relay have been installed in the indicated place in the fuse box.

This the sub harness part No 08A70-MJL-D30   &   Relay / Fuse  kit   08A70-MGS-D30

When connected to the auxiliary plug on the bike. this loom this provides 3 output sockets, 2 of these have 2 wires, Brown & Green. The 3rd has 3 wires Brown, Green & Blue.

Sockets 1 & 2 have the following wire configuration.

·         Brown  =   12v+ switched with ignition on

·         Green =     Ground / earth -

Socket 3 has the following wire configuration.

·         Brown  =   12v+ switched with ignition on

·         Green =     Ground / earth -

·         Blue  = 12v+ switched from High beam

Sockets 1 & 2 can be used in the following way.

For any accessory that needs an ignition controlled supply such as Sat Nav, Mobile Phone, or accessory socket. With a max load of 5 amp for both sockets. 

If you are fitting heated grips that require more than 5 amps you will need to fit an additional relay into the circuit operated by the brown wire, and a direct fused + 12v feed from the battery for the main +12v supply to the grips. ( if you are not confident in this consult a qualified electrician or a motorcycle dealer. A damaged ECU or wiring loom is Expensive !!!)

The 3rd Socket is for auxiliary lighting.

If you are LED fitting day time lights that you wish to be permanently on then you need only the green – ground/ earth wire and the +12v brown wire.

If you are fitting high amperage Halogen auxilliary lights You will need to fit an additional relay into the circuit operated by the brown wire, and a direct 10amp fused + 12v feed from the battery for the main +12v supply to the lights. ( if you are not confident in this consult a qualified electrician or a motorcycle dealer. A damaged ECU or wiring loom is Expensive !!!)

If you are fitting additional LED High Beam Spot lights and wish them to operate with the high beam then you will need to use the green – ground/ earth wire and the blue wire +12v to trigger the lights ( the brown wire is not used.)

If the lights are high amperage Halogen spot lights. You will need to fit an additional relay into the circuit operated by the brown wire, and a direct 10amp fused + 12v feed from the battery for the main +12v supply to the lights.  ( if you are not confident in this consult a qualified electrician or a motorcycle dealer. A damaged ECU or wiring loom is Expensive !!!)

I will be putting up additional wiring posts in the near future for additional lights etc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Spike

Hi.

Is it possible someone could explain to me in more simplistic terms please?  I am just a simple southerner!!

Where can I find the auxilary socket on my 2015 750 S?

I understand then that I plug the purchased sub harness into the connector but then where do I plug in the relay?  Also do I need to buy seperate connectors to plug in my extra kit like sat nav, spotlights etc?

Gaucho
Posted (edited)

Hi Dave, the aux socket is under the right hand (as you sit on the bike) panel by the frunk. You have to remove the left hand panels first and then the right hand. The relay fits in the existing fuse box, the position of which you will find on the fuse box cover. Alan Sykes(forum member) has a video on Youtube on removing panels and watch out for the different size fixings (easy mistake). You will need separate connectors as I recall, you can go with the connectors on the loom or chop the wires and use different ones. Personally I'd go with the water proof type. Hope this helps.

Edited by Gaucho

Spike
2 hours ago, Gaucho said:

Hi Dave, the aux socket is under the right hand (as you sit on the bike) panel by the frunk. You have to remove the left hand panels first and then the right hand. The relay fits in the existing fuse box, the position of which you will find on the fuse box cover. Alan Sykes(forum member) has a video on Youtube on removing panels and watch out for the different size fixings (easy mistake). You will need separate connectors as I recall, you can go with the connectors on the loom or chop the wires and use different ones. Personally I'd go with the water proof type. Hope this helps.

Yep... Thanks Charlie, put in a way I can understand. :thumbsup:

Hope things are ok with you (and all other forum members), and im looking forward to be able to meet up again soon/one day/in the future!!

Gaucho

Thanks Dave. Last time we met I think was Loomies, two years ago. One more thing on the accessories loom to watch out for is not to exceed the maximum load which is 5 amps for both sockets. Look forward to catching up soon. :cheers:

Spike

Sorry for being a muppet folks (nothing unusual there!!) but i have the side panels off the frunk etc, plus changed the air filter while i was at it (needed doing!) but cant see/identify the aux plug ?  I cant see anything under the right panel of the frunk?

philphil61
On 23/05/2020 at 12:03, Spike said:

Hi.

Is it possible someone could explain to me in more simplistic terms please?  I am just a simple southerner!!

Where can I find the auxilary socket on my 2015 750 S?

I understand then that I plug the purchased sub harness into the connector but then where do I plug in the relay?  Also do I need to buy seperate connectors to plug in my extra kit like sat nav, spotlights etc?

Also noob (to this forum and biking) - please understand ;)

Been riding big bikes only 18months

First big bike and still riding NC750S and love it.

The relay AFAIK goes into fuse box next to battery in frunk  see RichardC comment and image here 

The connectors can be purchased separately see here 

but I just removed the sub harnesses end connector and just directly connected the wires (with insulation) for USB power socket fitted in frunk.

Buying the proper connectors is the more expensive professional way - down to personal choice and ability IMO

HTH

Reply if you need more help but please try the search box (top right ;) )

Spike
23 hours ago, philphil61 said:

Also noob (to this forum and biking) - please understand ;)

Been riding big bikes only 18months

First big bike and still riding NC750S and love it.

The relay AFAIK goes into fuse box next to battery in frunk  see RichardC comment and image here 

The connectors can be purchased separately see here 

but I just removed the sub harnesses end connector and just directly connected the wires (with insulation) for USB power socket fitted in frunk.

Buying the proper connectors is the more expensive professional way - down to personal choice and ability IMO

HTH

Reply if you need more help but please try the search box (top right ;) )

Thank you buddy, very useful. I have ordered the harness/relay etc, and used the link identify an order the connectors (I think!).

I will update once these arrive and got everything fitted.

Thank you again to everyone. 

Daddycool

Following on from my first post at the weekend to the group, and hoping I have not missed something in the posts I have read through so far regarding adding accessory power to the handlebar area, but does the sub harness and relay apply to a 2019 NC750D Integra please? I haven't seen a parts listing for it on any site and most of the comments I have read about the sub harness in the forum all seem to refer to the 750X. Thank you

Spike

Hmmmmm... unfortunately I am unsure about the Integer, but hopfully someone will be able to advise.

My harness and relay arrived today from Blackpool Honda (can i say that Ted?) ordered via that internet site. Excellent service as i only ordered it on Sunday. everything fitted as it should and i checked with the multimeter and got power as it should be. Just waiting for the connectors I ordered and hoping they match the Honda ones fitted. If not I will chop them off and put my own on. So far really pleased..

• Like 1

fred_jb
Posted (edited)

Bear in mind that the total power to the accessory circuit is 7.5 amps as dictated by the fuse associated with the relay, and that the connection intended for powering a 12V socket installed into the side of the frunk (if your harness has this) has its own 1 amp fuse, so will blow if you fit the socket using this connection and try using it to power things like tyre pumps!

Edited by fred_jb
  • Like 1

philphil61
On 27/05/2020 at 17:37, Daddycool said:

Following on from my first post at the weekend to the group, and hoping I have not missed something in the posts I have read through so far regarding adding accessory power to the handlebar area, but does the sub harness and relay apply to a 2019 NC750D Integra please? I haven't seen a parts listing for it on any site and most of the comments I have read about the sub harness in the forum all seem to refer to the 750X. Thank you

all seem to refer to the 750X & S 🤨🤨🤨

You'll have us S riders offended if you keep that up

^^joke^^

Anyways I tried my best and searched and researched about adding additional auxiliary lights to Integra and like you came up blank.  Did find one or two foreign youtubers with demos of auxiliary lights but no fitting videos.  One video, in English, did show how to remove panels - showing a pinkish (looks like possible 4 pin additional power source).  If you are adept or similar I suggest taking off the side panel to access the pinkish connector and test it with ignition off and on to see if it's a usable source.

Unless other Integra riders can offer better reply.

Daddycool

Thank you for your replies. My local Honda reopens tomorrow so going to drop in and ask for a bit advice/help.