Sign in to follow this  
wjvh

HISS fix

wjvh

When I bought my NC700S in Dec 2018

it came with three original HISS keys but I later found out only 1 was actually coded to my bike. Checked at Honda Newcastle and they wanted £25 (prob +VAT too) to code one. I asked how much for two, thinking perhaps same price or +£5 but guess what? Yep, they wanted £25 per key. What a joke.

Anway I made my own HISS cable thanks to google & youtube. Once that is done it is actually a very easy job to code additional keys. So now I have three coded keys. If anyone needs help with this task I’m happy to help, I’m based in Durham.

cheers, Will

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

MN biker

Hello Will.

I'm in need of new keys and eventually code them to the HISS system on my bike.

Did you make up the cable or buy it? If you made it up as I'm doing, where did you buy the female two way Sumitomo ST connector?

Regards.

Mark

wjvh

Hi Mark. I made my own cable and I used bare connectors which i slotted onto each of the exposed pins; I shrink wrapped each connector to avoid them making an electrical contact. The connectors I used are like mini spring clips so I knew they’d get a good purchase, I just had them spare in my electrics box from an old project. I think you can buy HISS cables ok eebay for about £20 but they are cheap to make. You can buy sumitomo connectors too, same place again I would guess. 

• Like 3

electric_monk

I have been informed that the electrical socket you need to access is difficult to get at. Can you confirm this?

wjvh

In my NC700S it was located under the battery, so quite easy really - I did use a small hooked tool to pull it out far enough to gain access and pull the separate the connector to access the terminals. In my NC700S it is the CKP sensor (crank position sensor), you separate this plug and use the male connector (I.e. the side where you can see the little metal pins sticking out into it). Yellow wire connector is connected to the positive terminal and the green-orange wire connector is connected to your negative terminal. This is true for my NC700S, would guess same or v similar for other NC models.

wjvh

It’s a red sumitomo (two-wire) connector which you’re looking for (or at least it is on my NC700S).

MN biker
On 3/18/2020 at 15:56, wjvh said:

In my NC700S it was located under the battery, so quite easy really - I did use a small hooked tool to pull it out far enough to gain access and pull the separate the connector to access the terminals. In my NC700S it is the CKP sensor (crank position sensor), you separate this plug and use the male connector (I.e. the side where you can see the little metal pins sticking out into it). Yellow wire connector is connected to the positive terminal and the green-orange wire connector is connected to your negative terminal. This is true for my NC700S, would guess same or v similar for other NC models.

Hey Will.

Thanks for the info.

The blank keys have just arrived as have the bits and pieces to make up the cable.

I'll get the keys cut then attempt to programme the keys.

I'll update you if successful or otherwise lol.

Thanks for all your help.

Stay virus free...

Mark 

• Like 1

MN biker
On 3/18/2020 at 14:08, electric_monk said:

I have been informed that the electrical socket you need to access is difficult to get at. Can you confirm this?

I can't find it anywhere. Sigh

wjvh

See this: 

recommend sound off unless you’re fluent in polish.

• Like 1

wjvh

Russian chap doing same, jump to about 3:10 to see the connector.

• Like 1

MN biker

Thank you :)