'15 DCT S - no prime, flashing dash.

Haggard Rider

Haggard Rider

Hi guys, just came to start the 750S and although all the usual lights etc come on ok, the fuel pump doesn't prime, the gear indicator flashes a dash and, of course, the bike won't start.

Now I'm not particularly mechanically/electrically capable so keep it simple please!

Thanks

rjp996

i had this on my DCT AT few months back - turned out it was my battery

embee

Kill switch? Is it showing the neutral light? Is the HISS light coming on then going off again?

KingJames

Second shout for charge the battery.  It's been a long winter.  Can recommend the lithium batteries if you need a new one.  4 to 5 years about right for a replacement based upon many people's reported experience.

poldark

Just happened on mine, embarrassed to admit the side-stand was down (hangs head in shame!)

Haggard Rider

:shameface: :squirmingwithembarassment:

cough...

Kill switch

cough...

...did go for a very nice 90min no-stop bimble eventually though!

Thanks for all your replies guys.

• Haha 4
embee
31 minutes ago, Haggard Rider said:

cough...

Kill switch

cough...

:whistle:

:thumbsup:

I’d rather feel a bit embarrassed than having to deal with a tricky, expensive repair! Just one of them things, we’ve all done similar!

Yep, I'm a member of that group too......just finished working on my bike, had done all of the checks as I connected things, lights, battery cable etc and would it start? Would it heck!...........kill switch! (over an hour later though......duh!)