First mot

stephenmcg

stephenmcg

Many years ago, I took a car for first mot and the certificate was dated on test date. It did not run from the date car would be 3 years old.

my bike will be 3 years old on 17th April so I can get bike taxed ok on 1st April as no mot needed (yet)

if I take bike for mot this week, I would not like the mot to expire in March next year.

when I was working, I normally changed bike prior to 3 years old, so I am not fully conversant with current procedures.

smcg knackered in Glasgow, doing the jobs I put off till I retired, but still didn’t do

kayz1

The last 3 year old bike i took for MOT was a tad early and i had a 13 month MOT.. will let you no a week on Friday ( if i am able to go out ) as i have service and MOT booked but bike not 3

until  3or 4th of May...was booked because i should have been in Cyprus when it was dew

stephenmcg

AS Scotland now in lockdown, bike will not be going anywhere soon.

PoppetM

Mine was due a service next Friday but as I have another 800 miles to go I called and pushed it back to 1st May...have a feeling I will be moving it again!

Hickky

I gave the Scoot a first MOT a week ago, when we could go out, dated from that day as it had been on a SORN whilst I was out of the country for two months. She passed without any trouble. I then taxed and insured it, more fool me as nothing is needed for at least 3 weeks. Taxed and insured the Kwacka as well, and she is stuck in my living room as I need at least two other people to get her out of the patio doors and down the ramp.

For the next three weeks all I can do is sit on her in front of the TV and play tube video of live speed laps of the Isle of Man TT. Optional vroom vroom noises.

p.s. A friends' idiot son is being released after 5 months, from Chelmsford prison on Friday. He has been locked in his cell for 20 hours a day, only being let out for exercise. Now he will have to share a house with his mother, only going out for exercise. Better or worse?

Tonyj

Well I’m thinking it could’ve been worse as he may have had to stay with you :0)