simon1967

Is the LED Headlight Fit For Purpose?

Is the LED Headlight Fit For Purpose?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. I work shifts and have to ride in the pitch dark and believe the LED headlight is not fit for purpose. I'm emailing Honda Customer Relations but would like honest opinions please?

• It is perfectly acceptable and does not compromise my safety
    • It is not fit for purpose and poses a safety risk

Andy m

The beam is mentally flat. If you can adjust it, or even move yourself so your eye line is along the beam, there is strength of light there. Side on its like looking at a laser pointer, nothing, then blinding, then nothing again as it sweeps past. A risk of looking like the dreaded headlight flash on bumpy roads too. 

The approval test is static. Basically point it at a wall and measure the light that reaches the zoned target. They measure outside the target for the oncoming traffic part of the test. The vehicle presented of course has perfectly adjusted lights which is why riders of the correct weight and height have fewer problems. 

Andy

• Like 1

Mr HB

thats exactly why I'm topping mine up with LED's to fill the gap

• Like 1

MikeBike
4 hours ago, jeremyr62 said:

How do you know this to be true? Not denying it is but have you experience of it?

As Tex says above. Friend of mine has post 2016 NC. He was following me and thought his headlight was off. Then suddenly it showed as the angle of the road changed before 'disappearing again'

I'd suggest definitely getting some extra running lights.

• Like 1

Rev Ken
3 hours ago, MikeBike said:

As Tex says above. Friend of mine has post 2016 NC. He was following me and thought his headlight was off. Then suddenly it showed as the angle of the road changed before 'disappearing again'

I'd suggest definitely getting some extra running lights.

I was being followed by a car and he kept flashing his headlights. I eventually slowed down and pulled into a lay by. He just continued!  I then followed him and noted his shocks were weak, or he was overloaded as his lights were bobbing up and down, making road signs also 'flash' as his lights briefly illuminated them every time he went over a bump. LED lights!!!!   

baben

Baby has old fashioned bulb lights. They are not brilliant. However I had fitted a couple of spot lights which are fantastic. Laser strength - they can probably melt tarmac too