bazza

extra loud horn? any new ideas

bazza

so wanting to deafen the dickhead who cuts me up  -any suggestions on a new horn -maybe a new fav over the twin air horns etc-  that fits well on the NC?

Andy m

Denali Sound bomb. 

I had airhorns on the first bullet. They are loud (and pointing forward supplement the TLS front "brake") , but are bulky and biggest issue: take time to get going. This also means you can't do a meep meep type sound when you just want to tell someone something rather than nuking their pointless mentalist hopeless posterior. 

Andy

• Like 1

pjm

Second that on the sound bomb. Use the relay set up. It makes the bike sound like a truck.

• Like 1

fred_jb

Yes, and the mini soundbomb is much easier to mount than the big soundbomb which has a separate compressor.  If you keep the existing horn and just add the mini you will get a loud two tone blast, and have a spare should one fail.

• Like 1

fj_stuart

My SV650 came with a pair of Fiamm horns. These did a good job of scattering dozy pedestrians. They were pointed forward for maximum effect but I think that this let water in and killed them (the horns not the pedestrians)

s%252306.jpg%20

• Like 1

Malcolm1975

Does the mini need a additional relay ?? 

elbee
42 minutes ago, Malcolm1975 said:

No (I have one).

• Like 2

Defender

I have a Ring single Hi tone horn I bought many years ago, it's much louder and has a better note, I mounted it in the same place as the original one.

Defender
6 hours ago, fj_stuart said:

My SV650 came with a pair of Fiamm horns. These did a good job of scattering dozy pedestrians. They were pointed forward for maximum effect but I think that this let water in and killed them (the horns not the pedestrians)

s%252306.jpg%20

I think they would have been better rotated backwards a bit to stop the spray going up inside them?

• Thanks 1

fred_jb
6 hours ago, Malcolm1975 said:

If you power it in parallel with the original so as to have both working, then it will probably need a relay.  If you use it to replace the original, then you will probably get away with just powering it off the existing horn connection, as they advertise the mini as a straight replacement.

• Like 1

fj_stuart
32 minutes ago, Defender said:

I think they would have been better rotated backwards a bit to stop the spray going up inside them?

That's the way the bike came and I never thought about rotating them. But yes, avoiding rain getting in would have been a good idea.

• Like 1

stephenmcg

Stuart, is that a centre stand I see before me?

i did not think sv could take one.

there was not one available on the gladius I had which was similar configuration 

ps

hope it is not too long till you me and Henry meet for lunch again

smcg in glasgow

fj_stuart
1 hour ago, stephenmcg said:

Stuart, is that a centre stand I see before me?

i did not think sv could take one.

there was not one available on the gladius I had which was similar configuration 

ps

hope it is not too long till you me and Henry meet for lunch again

smcg in glasgow

Steve, I bought the SV from a friend who had fitted some good stuff. SW Motech centre stand & luggage system, a re-upholstered seat, bar risers and a Nitron shock. Making a good bike even better.

Henry and myself lunch every Friday and you're more than welcome anytime the current crisis is over.  

• Like 1

wingrider.steve

I also have the Soundbomb Mini fitted on my 2016 NC750X, in place of the standard horn and it's definitely an improvement.

Greaser

I can thoroughly recommend the sound bomb, also make sure you buy the plug and play harness also from Amazon, my local bike dealer wanted £150.00 to fit it to my NC700XC, after a bt of searching via YouTube I had the job finished in about 45 minutes, I kept the original 'meep meep' attached in case it wouldn't pass the MOT as the bomb is 120db, it sailed through with the Denarli :)

I am so pleased with it, there is a special shaped bracket worth buying to ensure a good fit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Denali-SoundBOMB-120dB-Motorcycle-Horn/dp/B01N7HRONK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=denali+soundbomb+120db+motorcycle+horn&qid=1587759552&sprefix=denali+&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Denali-Plug-N-Play-wiring-SoundBomb-Horn/dp/B01NCKTAZO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=denali+soundbomb+harness&qid=1587760078&sr=8-2

Hope the links work

ted

Always run a seperate "earth" wire from your horn to the frame, for best results!

• Like 1

Defender
On 25/04/2020 at 07:22, ted said:

Always run a seperate "earth" wire from your horn to the frame, for best results!

You can never have enough earths/CPC's!

baben
On 3/28/2020 at 21:44, Defender said:

Why do so many people knock Suzukis? I have always found them to be bullet proof and a joy to ride.

• Haha 1

fj_stuart
39 minutes ago, baben said:

Why do so many people knock Suzukis? I have always found them to be bullet proof and a joy to ride.

To be clear these were Fiamm horns added as an accessory by the previous owner so in no way a Suzuki fault.

At 14 years old and nearly 40,000 miles my SV has given me zero problems and is a great bike to ride.

• Thanks 2

Defender
2 hours ago, baben said:

I wasn't knocking the Suzuki at all, I haven't owned one yet, but never say never!

It just the positioning of the horns that my comment was about, which were added to it and not factory fitted?

• Like 1

Ignatius

I just replaced the original with sound bomb on my NC750S 2016. Really better than the original on A2 traffic. Also easy to replace , just few minutes job.

bazza

thanks -I fitted the mini one and its a lot better.

• Like 1

TheEnglishman

You can fit a Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn inside the fairing to the front right of the frunk.  You will need a relay and beefy wire as it draws over 10A.  And obviously, a dedicated fuse.

deecat

I have used the Denali mini sound bomb on all my bikes for a while now as it can usually be fitted in the same location as the standard horn.

Just taken the one of the NC to be used on the XJ 750 project which is getting nearer to completion as the 40 year original horn is just as bad as modern horns.

There must be so new regulation about horn noise as our new Honda Jazz has a moped horn sound to it. I did ask if the dealer could change it for a mini sound bomb at its first service but no as it not a Honda part!

I will have to do it one day but just don,t get the same joy working on cars.

MatBin
Posted (edited)

I used to have twin Fiamm as per above on my BMW R80RT, mounted out of the way pointing backwards inside the lower fairing, they could be heard by cars in front of me on the Motorway at 80mph, bit loud for around town though :)

Just ordered a mini bomb for the NC, most of my riding, when I can get out, is urban and the existing horn is useless, guess the law states we mustn't now make too much noise in case we annoy pedestrians.

I really don't like where Honda have put the horn button, memory muscle tells me after 40 odd years it's the lowest one on the left, ho hum. Was worse on the BMK75, that was where the LH indicator switch/button was, just what you don't need when trying to wake up a car driver turning out of a junction on your left!!!

Edited by MatBin