Plastic Cover Mystery 2014 NC750x

Noel Hynes

Noel Hynes

Hi- I had a problem with the 12V Auxiliary socket within the tank/helmet. After removing the left hand side and eventually finding an inline 1 amp fuse had blown- I noticed there was a plastic cover- which I am unsure when it should be located. I think I accidentally loosened some screws from the top and it seemed to have fallen down.

Inside it states it is a cover L cable under. I took some photos but could not upload - this is the first time I have used the forum and become a user.

Attached- any help would be appreciated. My bike is a 2014 NC750x DCT. Many thanks.

Noel

riders in the storm
59 minutes ago, Noel Hynes said:

I took some photos but could not upload - this is the first time I have used the forum and become a user

I think you have to make a donation before you can upload photos...........

And welcome by the way....!

Edited by riders in the storm
outrunner

I think the part you are talking about is no.5 in the diagram below which should help you to refit it.

49728546487_d66f4b3ca8_c.jpg

Andy.

Edited by outrunner
Noel Hynes
1 hour ago, riders in the storm said:

I think you have to make a donation before you can upload photos...........

And welcome by the way....!

Thank you so much- I will do that. Noel.

Thank you so much- very much appreciated and I will do a donation shortly.

Noel.

Noel Hynes
34 minutes ago, outrunner said:

I think the part you are talking about is no.5 in the diagram below which should help you to refit it.

49728546487_d66f4b3ca8_c.jpg

Andy.

Noel Hynes

Hi Andy- thank you very much for replying so quickly- that is bang on and it is Part 5 !!!! Brilliant. I spent hours trying to purchase a service manual or old Haynes school manual to get diagrams like above...

The fuse in the auxiliary socket blew - I had to remove the panels to replace it-- I was a bit anxious at first doing this but it all came away very easily. I could not work out why the plastic bit number 5 came from but now I can hopefully put it back together. With the corona virus I have not been able to get out for a run yet.

Noel.

Noel Hynes

Hi Andy - thank you for that link- it is brilliant and so helpful.  I ordered some new 6 mm fasteners fairing clips which I got delivered today.

I will shortly be trying to put everything back together- I will let you know how I get on. Your help is very much appreciated.

Noel. 

trisaki

While you are in that area depending on mileage you might as well go a little further and check the air filter 

Noel Hynes

I will do- thanks for tip. The bike has only done 3,500 miles- so hopefully maybe just a clean....

Noel.

outrunner

Air filter changes are at 16000 miles so yours will be fine, unless you have been doing desert trips. ;)

Andy.