Sign in to follow this  
MatBin

Sub harness

MatBin

After a big of info as I bought a second hand nc750x DCT that has heated grips and a power socket, does that mean it has the sub harness fitted? How many relays are visible in the battery compartment if no harness is installed/active? And finally would I run a power cable to a pair of auxiliary lights from the auxiliary harness, assuming I can find it :) ?

listener
11 minutes ago, MatBin said:

After a big of info as I bought a second hand nc750x DCT that has heated grips and a power socket, does that mean it has the sub harness fitted? How many relays are visible in the battery compartment if no harness is installed/active? And finally would I run a power cable to a pair of auxiliary lights from the auxiliary harness, assuming I can find it :) ?

If it's Honda grips and socket, then probably (though this is not 100%, it may have been jury-rigged).

The optional relay goes in the top left slot in the relay box (it's marked on the box lid).

There should be two relays at the bottom (same for manual & DCT).

For DCT there is an additional relay at the top right.

The OEM harness has a fairly limited current rating.

So I'd be inclined to use a separate relay for aux lights (even LED) and take the power feed to that (only a few mA) off the harness.

• Like 1