sterling01

Shad seat NC750X NC700X

sterling01

First thing to note. The part number for the Shad seat is the same for all model years 2012 to 2019. Therefore it is the same seat for NC700X and NC750X including the slight Honda design change for 2017MY. There are a load of messages on the internet about the seat not fitting the later model bikes and leaving a gap. This is not completely true.

My bike is a 2019. It only took me about half an hour to fit the Shad seat. There are rubber bungs to transfer over from the factory seat. I found it easier to get them housed by using a small flat bade screwdriver to push the lower part of the bung into the holes. 

It is much softer that the factory seat, but due to current lockdown, I've not had a chance to get a run on the bike for a full test. 

Here is the finished result :

seat01.jpg

seat04.jpg

There is no gap at the front

seat02.jpg

The only gap that exists is at the side, but when compared with the gap between the blue panel and the grey lower side panel, it is of similar size.

seat03.jpg

• Like 5

Chriswright03

This was  one I saw about it the other day on Youtube.

Steveg

Looks really good be interested in how you get on with seat once you can ride it , where did you buy it from ? the fit looks really good

Cheers Steve

MrAndyW

I'm thinking about one of those, Just no sure about the grey panels as mine is an all black 2019 model. please keep us updated on the test ride,

Steel Horse UK

I had a SHAD seat fitted for about four years now. Its amazing. Had I not have had this upgrade, the bike would have been history.

The best upgrade you can do to an NC in my opinion!

• Like 1

Rocker66

I had a Shad fitted to my NC750X from new. I didn’t realise what a big improvement it was until I borrowed a loan NC750X for a day and discovered what the standard one was like. When I parted with the NC I sold the Shad to another member of this forum whom I hope is still enjoying it.

• Like 1

sterling01
5 hours ago, Steveg said:

Looks really good be interested in how you get on with seat once you can ride it , where did you buy it from ? the fit looks really good

Cheers Steve

I bought it from that auction site - Item number 392233904821  From Ray Williams Motorcycles. A couple of quid cheaper than Shad, but delivery is free. Funny thing is that it came directly from Shad.

• Thanks 1

sterling01

Went for a supermarket run yesterday. Thought it was about 30 miles round trip, but I just had a look on google maps and realized that it was actually 65 miles. What a difference with the new Shad seat compared to the factory seat. So much more comfortable. Well worth the money. Just wish I had done it a year ago when I bought the bike new. 

trisaki

The bad fitting issue was a year or so after the change over from 700 to 750 , I believe 

Ciaran1602
Posted (edited)

I too can confirm the SHAD seat is probably the best thing I invested in for my S. last year I did a 300 mile round trip Over a weekend to Essex to see my family in Southend with the standard seat. By the time I got home on Monday afternoon I genuinely could barely walk. I had to ask my other half to help me lift stuff from the bag etc as I was in such a degree of pain. Embarrassing for a 24 year old!

I have yet to do a trip more than about 100 miles all in but though it doesn’t initially feel much different, the fatigue is virtually non existent compared to the original seat. 

I don’t think the silver looks to bad against the black and bronze of mine. It would look better against those bikes that have a touch of silver in them!

BDA71AEF-BE45-4A3B-8EFD-6A43DA8C6BB0.jpeg

Edited by Ciaran1602

sterling01
1 hour ago, trisaki said:

The bad fitting issue was a year or so after the change over from 700 to 750 , I believe 

There is no fitting issue. The part number is the same for the 700X and the 750X. Therefore its the same seat. As can be seen from the pictures above, it fits well, if fitted properly.

MikeBike
3 hours ago, trisaki said:

It was a Shad production error a couple of years ago now fixed (I brought it to their attention and Shad Head office in spain confirmed and addressed it and offerred me a corrected seat) - nothing to do with the Honda seat shape.

• Like 1

MrAndyW

Thanks for the updates. looks like another customer for Mr Shad in the near future here then.

Hans333

Hello,

In the YouTube video above the type number is SHH0N720TN. Motardin is offering the seat for a good price, but that's a SHH0N720CN.

I need it for my 2020 NC750XD. Does anyone knows the difference? Which one will fit best?

I already asked Shad, no answer yet.

Hans.

sterling01
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Hans333 said:

Hello,

In the YouTube video above the type number is SHH0N720TN. Motardin is offering the seat for a good price, but that's a SHH0N720CN.

I need it for my 2020 NC750XD. Does anyone knows the difference? Which one will fit best?

I already asked Shad, no answer yet.

Hans.

That is the seat I fitted to my bike as sown above. It makes no difference if you have a DCT or not.

See Shad website: https://www.shad.co.uk/product/5656/honda-nc700-nc750x-shad-comfort-seat-grey-seams-no-logo

SKU number is shown. As I mentioned above, this is the exact same part number for 2012 700X to latest 2020 750X

Edited by sterling01

Hans333
10 hours ago, sterling01 said:

That is the seat I fitted to my bike as sown above. It makes no difference if you have a DCT or not.

See Shad website: https://www.shad.co.uk/product/5656/honda-nc700-nc750x-shad-comfort-seat-grey-seams-no-logo

SKU number is shown. As I mentioned above, this is the exact same part number for 2012 700X to latest 2020 750X

Thanks.

In the mean time I received an answer from Shad. They also confirmed the CN is the right one. They gave me the part numbers for the heated version which are SHH0N720CNH1 for the grey seams and SHH0N710CNH1 for the red ones.

MrAndyW

Just ordered a seat off the shad website, Arriving Monday, Part No     SKU: SHH0N720CN off their website.   Sterling 01 should be on comission!!!!!

sterling01
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, MrAndyW said:

Just ordered a seat off the shad website, Arriving Monday, Part No     SKU: SHH0N720CN off their website.   Sterling 01 should be on comission!!!!!

:lol: If you want to suggest that to Shad, I'm not shy, I'll take their cheque :lol:

Edited by sterling01

MrAndyW

Well, The seat fitted and an amazing difference, seems to stop the forward sliding/crushed nuts problems, also less pressure on inside of thighs, Only done about 10 miles on work trip, but really impressed. Well worth the money. Just need lock down to end to test it properly.

• Like 3

MrAndyW

Just to update, Done quite a few miles now after lockdown, Really really impressed with the seat. Definitely worth the money.

• Thanks 1

JONO49
2 hours ago, MrAndyW said:

Just to update, Done quite a few miles now after lockdown, Really really impressed with the seat. Definitely worth the money.

Did you fit the Shad pillion seat or keep the dark standard one???

MrAndyW
Posted (edited)

Fitted pillion as well. You need to leave the bolts slightly loose and open and close the seat a few times to line everything up. Then finally tighten. seat unlocks/locks as normal.

Edit to say, not had a pllion on it yet so don't know how good it is for them.

Edited by MrAndyW

Delboy777

My Shad seat was purchased online from these guys  https://www.fastbikebits.com  for £213, im awaiting delivery. Bike doesnt arrive until 20th August so no hurry

Edited by Delboy777
  • Thanks 1