Sign in to follow this  
Chriswright03

Routing of harness for heated clothing

Chriswright03

OK I know it is hot here at the moment BUT while we are on lock down I thought I would attach the harness for Jane's heated vest and gloves on the NC.  It attaches direct to the battery via  fuse so I will not be buying and fitting the Honda accessory harness.

What I want to find out is where is the best place to bring the harness out at the back of the Frunk?  I have had the seat off and had a look but other than drilling a huge hole to get the cable and fuse holder in I cannot see a way to get it in there.  It would go in through the front but then it isn't long enough to go all the way round to come out at the back of my seat.

Any ideas please?

chris

I took the left side panels off and routed the harness back under the drunk and out under the seat.  Two keis harnesses connected connected direct to the battery. A bit fiddly to connect but doable.

Just make a note of which connector/screw came from where.  The screws are all different lengths and it's a pain having to work out afterwards which goes where. 

• Like 1

rjp996

I took off the left hand side plastics, routing my heated clothing power out the back of the fuse area, and along the same route as the rear seat fuel release cable to come up under the opening rear seat. Nice and neat as it’s hidden.. to plug in in winter I open the rear seat and there is space to just leave the connector tail sticking out giving a place to plug in from plug from heated jacket that’s plug is at my left hip. Keeps all the wires out of the way when I’m riding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Chriswright03
Posted (edited)

Cheers Guys.  Now where is that Youtube vid of removing the panels?:D

Got it.

Edited by Chriswright03

Dunnster
3 hours ago, rjp996 said:

I took off the left hand side plastics, routing my heated clothing power out the back of the fuse area, and along the same route as the rear seat fuel release cable to come up under the opening rear seat. Nice and neat as it’s hidden.. to plug in in winter I open the rear seat and there is space to just leave the connector tail sticking out giving a place to plug in from plug from heated jacket that’s plug is at my left hip. Keeps all the wires out of the way when I’m riding. 

Genius!

Was initially going to have the connector exit out of the side of the plastic through that "vent grill" section on the left fairing. It looked too messy so I just had it sticking up in front of the seat on the left. Not really happy with it there either and it rubbed the plastic which I had to touch up and cover with clear tape to protect the body work. 

I shall now reroute the wire like you've done. Another stay at home project to keep me busy. :thumbsup:

Dunnster
17 hours ago, Chriswright03 said:

What I want to find out is where is the best place to bring the harness out at the back of the Frunk?  I have had the seat off and had a look but other than drilling a huge hole to get the cable and fuse holder in I cannot see a way to get it in there.  It would go in through the front but then it isn't long enough to go all the way round to come out at the back of my seat.

Any ideas please?

Hi chris, I hooked up my cable direct to the battery with a fuse then fed it down, out of the frunk and around behind the battery, no drilling required.I didn't take off the side panel, just removed the top few hex bolts and plastic rivets. There's enough give and flex in the plastic to be able to fish around with a bit of metal wire and route the cable. It is easier with the side panel off though and mines been removed a few times, just a bit of a faff I couldn't be bothered with so persevered with a wire hook. My connector cable is long enough to reach the rear seat like Richards method, so I'm going to undo the excess coiled cable and move mine to the rear.

• Like 1