Indicators (or lack of)

ex_R1100S

ex_R1100S

Afternoon All.

Well, this has got me really stumped.. Quick bit of background I've had an ongoing issue with no back light on the clocks but as "not being able to see the clocks in the dark" isn't an MOT requirement I've given up however... It's a 16 plated NC750 SAC which I've had since this time last year.

Just before Christmas while on the way home a noticed a low level glow in the indicators and clock repeaters for about 15-20 seconds then it went off, hmm. They worked the next junction but not the one after.. Got home and checked the fuses, all fine. Ok thinks me, must be the relay so I ordered a 2nd hand one from fleebay seeing a new one is well over £60! for a bloody relay!!! 

Swapped it out (in case anyone's wondering, it's behind the left-hand false tank panel) turned on the ignition and.. still no indicators, erm. oh.. Before you ask, yes the horn still works as does the clock (both on the same fuse)

Due to having a knee replaced at the end of January, I've only been in a position to dive into it in the last three-four weeks.

Where I is now.....

I'm lucky enough to have an original Honda manual and am more than happy to work with electrical things so got the trusty multimeter out and went prodding. Following the trouble shooting guide, the wiring for this circuit is fine. I've tested both relays and neither seem to be working, a bit odd but they are new fangled resister type (not like the old clicky solenoid type) tried energising the circuit but no output.. 

SO, in short, the testing says "yes" the troubleshooter says "yes" but they don't work...Am I the only one (so far) to suffer this??

Looking through the loom diagram there seems to be two "junction" boxes  "G" and "B". Now I can see "G" is the group earth but "junction B", what/where/.. there looks to be feeds going into it but no output and at the moment I don't want to go delving beneath the multitude of panels and boxes without a goal.. 

Thanks for the read, all comments / suggestions welcome..

listener

Junction B is two switched 12V feeds.

A grouping of black/white wires (6) which are fed from fuse 8 (fuel injection).

And a grouping of pink/blue wires (8) which are fed from fuse 7 (the illumination/stop/horn feed).

Where Junction B is, I haven't a clue, but it looks like that may be the culprit (loose or corroded connection).

It's orange but I don't know where it is. May be under one of the side panels or the rider's seat; it's not anywhere obvious/easy to get to. 

PS: Oops! I should have read the OP properly. :doh::doh::doh:

Edited by listener
  • Like 2
outrunner

I had an indicator problem a while back, look at this and see if its any help, mine is a 16 plate 750x but it may be the same wiring system for the indicators.

Andy.

• Like 1
ex_R1100S

Cheers Listener, nice to know what the function is .. I know it's a lot to ask Honda to do the dirty work...

Outrunner, many thanks. Just had a read, I'll start going through the connection blocks today.

Knowing the task ahead I have the urge to quote Captain Oats "I am just going outside, I may be some time"  to the Mrs..

I'll keep you updated with the results.

I need to get back on it as soon as, part of the physio regime yer know.. Honest officer...

Chrispy