Jump to content
Rocker66

Really must arrange a road test

Recommended Posts

Rocker66
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Tex said:


I could ‘see’ Rocker on a Bobber. I remember him trying one for size. :niceone:

Your correct a kind gentleman at the 1066 let me try his brand new one for size and I quite liked it except for the tank capacity. i certainly wouldn't need a lowering kit on it.:) :)

DSC00343.jpg

7 minutes ago, bahnstormer said:

  Must......resist.......

Why?.?? 😀😀

Edited by Rocker66
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
bahnstormer
6 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

Your correct a kind gentleman at the 1066 let me try his brand new one for size and I quite liked it except for the tank capacity.

DSC00343.jpg

Why?.?? 😀😀

 

It would really be a "heart over head" type thing :D  TBH the NC does everything I need it to do.  Maybe I'll start looking for a second "weekend special" type bike once I've got some NCB under my belt :).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Mr Toad
1 hour ago, Tex said:


I could ‘see’ Rocker on a Bobber. I remember him trying one for size. :niceone:

 

You should see me on a Bobber, I look like a gorilla on a moped, so disappointing!! 

 

Mind you, it did save me wheeling out the sensible adult. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
baben

Bugger! I had got my test ride list down to two. V7, Ninja 650. Now it is back up to three again.......

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tex
54 minutes ago, baben said:

Bugger! I had got my test ride list down to two. V7, Ninja 650. Now it is back up to three again.......


Which 3 are they? 

Share this post


Link to post
baben
11 minutes ago, Tex said:


Which 3 are they? 

Err, V7, Ninja 650 and Street Twin (also maybe a Speed Twin)

Share this post


Link to post
sandalfarm

I'd have a bobber  if I lived near a town and only drove it around the area but with the little tank it would be a pain and was the main reason the little Harley  had to go

Share this post


Link to post
Hickky

Listen, we all know that Rocker would love to have a T100 and it would suit him down to the ground. With an X pipe and a better cam it would provide more than enough power, but Simon would have to do the spanner work.

The real issue is: How would he get on with a bike that he didn't wan't to change in a year because it was a 'keeper'?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Rocker66
30 minutes ago, Hickky said:

Listen, we all know that Rocker would love to have a T100 and it would suit him down to the ground. With an X pipe and a better cam it would provide more than enough power, but Simon would have to do the spanner work.

The real issue is: How would he get on with a bike that he didn't wan't to change in a year because it was a 'keeper'?

Please Note I have 3 bikes CB125F which I have had over 4 years Monkey 125 coming up for 2 years and CB500X over a year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Hickky
56 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

Please Note I have 3 bikes CB125F which I have had over 4 years Monkey 125 coming up for 2 years and CB500X over a year.

Ahhh, but you do have a reputation!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Rocker66
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Hickky said:

Ahhh, but you do have a reputation!

There are plenty on here who have/have had far more bikes than I have.and over fewer years.

Edited by Rocker66

Share this post


Link to post
Marvincon
7 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

There are plenty on here who have/have had far more bikes than I have.and over fewer years.

I'd like to see their lists 😂👍

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Rocker66
10 hours ago, Marvincon said:

I'd like to see their lists 😂👍

The names TonyJ and Trev come to mind.😀😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tex
On 29/05/2020 at 17:43, baben said:

Err, V7, Ninja 650 and Street Twin (also maybe a Speed Twin)


OK, you buy a Speed Twin and I will swap you Percy for it! ;) :niceone:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
baben
3 minutes ago, Tex said:


OK, you buy a Speed Twin and I will swap you Percy for it! ;) :niceone:

It's that good?

Share this post


Link to post
Rocker66
19 minutes ago, Tex said:


OK, you buy a Speed Twin and I will swap you Percy for it! ;) :niceone:

Are you sure???😀😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Jeffprince

This is what you fellas need....

ECA7FCE0-04C1-48C8-8675-1EC7FFD03CB4.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Tex
5 hours ago, baben said:

It's that good?


I don’t think so (I haven’t actually ridden one) but as my riding now seems to be sunny days/local it’s undoubted shortcomings (zero mudguarding, no possibility of centre stand, shite headlight etc etc) wouldn’t matter as much. Actually it’s only attraction is sheer speed, and as I rarely max Percy out these days, that’s probably not enough. Interesting that all the time I was convinced there was untapped speed potential in the T100 I pursued it with vigour. Now I am confident it’s giving it’s absolute best I just ride it around slowly! No, I don’t understand me either.. 🙄😂
 

4 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Are you sure???😀😀


Apparently not (see above). But you know how it is when you fancy a change, eh? Good sense never comes into it!
I found myself looking at an Africa Twin the other night - beam me up Scotty!  🤣

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
baben

Just lately, looking at bike adverts online I am shocked at how much they seem to be asking for them. Over £12,000 grand for a basic new AT, £17,000+ for a top of the line KTM! I haven't bothered looking at Triumph or BMW! It is really awful as the bikes are essentially total overkill in the real world - you cannot use or justify the performance on any normal road and if you go off road and drop it, the repairs would cost a fortune. I think we are near the end of days for motorcycles as we know them. Historically everything gets bigger and bigger until it collapses in on itself - dinosaurs, battleships, bureaucracies. The little basic bikes are the ones which will survive. Hondas and Royal Enfields.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Andy m
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, baben said:

everything gets bigger and bigger until it collapses in on itself - dinosaurs, battleships, bureaucracies. The little basic bikes are the ones which will survive. Hondas and Royal Enfields.

 

Only if they ride them. Look at the ones for sale on the auction site, they don't go anywhere. For playing top trumps/ having a male chicken measuring contest it's about owning a lot of cubic capacity, having de-right way up forks, David Beckham shaped racing discs and an app that puts the kettle on, knowing the badge makes you feel exclusive/heritagey/executivy etc. 

 

Aspiration not application = ££££££££

 

Andy

Edited by Andy m
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
bahnstormer
3 hours ago, Jeffprince said:

This is what you fellas need....

ECA7FCE0-04C1-48C8-8675-1EC7FFD03CB4.jpeg

 

What is that?  I see lots of individual bits I recognise, but can't figure out what it started life as :D

Share this post


Link to post
Mr Toad
44 minutes ago, baben said:

Just lately, looking at bike adverts online I am shocked at how much they seem to be asking for them. Over £12,000 grand for a basic new AT, £17,000+ for a top of the line KTM! I haven't bothered looking at Triumph or BMW! It is really awful as the bikes are essentially total overkill in the real world - you cannot use or justify the performance on any normal road and if you go off road and drop it, the repairs would cost a fortune. I think we are near the end of days for motorcycles as we know them. Historically everything gets bigger and bigger until it collapses in on itself - dinosaurs, battleships, bureaucracies. The little basic bikes are the ones which will survive. Hondas and Royal Enfields.

 

When I was out looking prior to getting the GS I went to Minions in Derby to look at the Africa Twin, I seem to remember posting about it at the time. A new one with DCT was over £13k and the manual was cheaper. Parked up with the new ones were two that had been registered for Honda employees and were only three months old. I seem to remember one had a couple of hunfred miles on and the just over 500 miles. 

 

They were priced about £8,300 for the manual and £8,600 ish for the DCT, both had several extras fitted too. If like me you were paying cash they were the way to go. If you wanted a PCP then you could have a spanking new one for about £70 per month. Of course for that you get to ride it but not actually own anything at the end of the PCP. 

 

The dealer where I got my GS from had an 18 month old Adventure with all the goodies on it that only had 80 odd miles on it. The bloke bought it, rode it home, did 80 miles then put in the gargae with his 'other bikes'\ and forgot all about it. When he did find it hiding behind the sofa he traded it for a new 1250GS which he probably hasn't ridden much either.

 

When looking round the bike dealers I'm constantly amazed at how few bikes have covered any distance, most are hardly used.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Jeffprince
2 hours ago, bahnstormer said:

 

What is that?  I see lots of individual bits I recognise, but can't figure out what it started life as :D

It’s an NC, found on the NC Facebook group....not many on here would recognise one!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
bahnstormer
2 minutes ago, Jeffprince said:

It’s an NC, found on the NC Facebook group....not many on here would recognise one!

 

I was looking at it going "those are NC wheels, that's an NC swing arm, NC pegs but......it has a proper fuel tank?!"  I like the look of that a lot, must've been a fair bit of work!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tex

 

Quote

Historically everything gets bigger and bigger until it collapses in on itself - dinosaurs, battleships, bureaucracies.

 

That’s so true Just so true. I have frequently wondered where motorcycling was headed with the power race that has dominated M/C design for decades. At what point do we say ‘enough’? 

And where are the buyers of the future? Who’s going to buy the over hyped, over priced and over powerful tat when we stop?
 

Quote

The little basic bikes are the ones which will survive. Hondas and Royal Enfields.


And Triumph twins. There’s always going to be room for those! 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×