Rocker66

Really must arrange a road test

cazmal

Just to throw my tuppence worth into the mix - I love my Street Twin even though I have only ridden 45 miles !  I felt instantly at home on it and far more confident than on the NC because 

1) I can flat foot at a standstill  and

2) it is lighter (marginally) and far easier to paddle.

I know for you, Rocker, it is a matter of aesthetics but for me, those extra kgs of the T100, and cm on the seat height, were too many.  I wouldn't necessarily dismiss it, after all, when you're riding it, you can't see it :) 

• Like 2

kayz1
On 29/05/2020 at 23:29, Hickky said:

Ahhh, but you do have a reputation!

You can not get away from that one Rocker,,,me, i have not had a new machine for 18months,,,if you do not count my workshop tooling.

suffolk58

I managed to up the mileage on the now seven month old Ninja 400 from just over 200 to just under 300 today.

Now I'm finally allowed to visit my 86 year old father, I could get another three hundred miles on it. But no, in comparison, the NC is super comfortable. It's not just the saddle but the general ergonomics are no good for my 62 year old body.

• Sad 1

Hickky
3 hours ago, suffolk58 said:

It's not just the saddle but the general ergonomics are no good for my 62 year old body.

Martin, it's not just about ergonomics (I take that to mean: does it fit?) on my 66 year old body the first consideration is 'can I gen on the chuffing thing'? All the rear pillion positions that are kicked up on the modern transformers/ race rep machines means you have to be able to swing a leg at least 1000mm in the air to clear the rear hump. At least a T100 or street twin you can mount from the back of the machine. My Kwaker (June) has an ever so raised pillion at about 860 mm, and that's enough! In one way I wish the side stand would be on the right rather than the left, as I now find my right hip has less articulation than my (titanium) left one. 

That reminds me, I do need some more steroid injections in both knees as the two I had in Uganda for £28 are now wearing off.

Growing older may give us many additional problems to have to deal with, but I still prefer it to the alternative of not growing older!

• Thanks 1

Jamesco
17 hours ago, Jeffprince said:

This is what you fellas need....

ECA7FCE0-04C1-48C8-8675-1EC7FFD03CB4.jpeg

I like that. Would it be improved or not by the integra swing arm? 🤔

• Like 3

baben
3 hours ago, Jamesco said:

I like that. Would it be improved or not by the integra swing arm? 🤔

I agree. Not often that a custom job is an improvement on the original. Looks a bit like a Huky Svartpilen.

• Like 1