BroncoLane

Crash Bars

BroncoLane

I have a 2012 registered January 2013 NC700 SD-C, I have been trying to track down compatible crash bars but there does not see to de ones that fit my model number although fittings on photographs look similar. I was interested in Givi. Does ay one out there know which would be compatible?

DCTPaul

Anything here? https://www.nc700shop.com/en/

blondguru53@gmail.com

Hello, I have a NC 750 x DCT, I am investigating option's for crash protection! Crash bars or slider's? Which option do you think is the better? Which make givi or motech? Thanks

MikeBike
10 hours ago, blondguru53@gmail.com said:

Hello, I have a NC 750 x DCT, I am investigating option's for crash protection! Crash bars or slider's? Which option do you think is the better? Which make givi or motech? Thanks

I remember researching the same question when I got mine and decided on bars. I bought Puig Engine Guards which match nicely with the frame although thankfully havent had cause to use them in anger. they also provded a useful mount point for 12v socket or could be used for spots etc.

https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/engine-guards/engine-guards?bike=9582

Spindizzy

I put these on my 750S. Easy to fit and unobtrusive.

Would fit the X no problem

puig-pro-engine-crashpads.jpg

okupant
12 hours ago, blondguru53@gmail.com said:

I installed HEED crash bars and I'm happy with them :) There's a location to mount aux lights and there are two small bags to attach on either side available to purchase with the bars. On photo attached there are Denali DR1 mounted with help of additional spacers, bags were removed at the time the photo was taken. There's no problem in case you want to remove fairing - I've done it several times in past couple of weeks ;)

PSX_20200603_224719.jpg

Dave Cunningham

I'm looking for some crash bars for my 700S. My interest is not in protecting the bike but rather protecting my legs having already had my left ankle smashed in an accident many years back. Most bars I  see are to protect the engine although I have found some that are more what I'm after,  https://www.ruchkagaza.com/product-page/honda-nc700-700x-nc750-750x-2012-2018-crash-bars

Any others I should be having a look at?

Thanks 

skorpion
6 hours ago, Dave Cunningham said:

I'm looking for some crash bars for my 700S. My interest is not in protecting the bike but rather protecting my legs having already had my left ankle smashed in an accident many years back. Most bars I  see are to protect the engine although I have found some that are more what I'm after,  https://www.ruchkagaza.com/product-page/honda-nc700-700x-nc750-750x-2012-2018-crash-bars

Any others I should be having a look at?

Thanks 

Just fitted a set of those to my 750x,  l 'm impressed with how substantial they are and with panniers fitted I'm hoping I too won't get trapped under the bike.

The bars look like those fitted to Motorcycle Gymkhana bikes.

skorpion
5 hours ago, skorpion said:

Just fitted a set of those to my 750x,  l 'm impressed with how substantial they are and with panniers fitted I'm hoping I too won't get trapped under the bike.

The bars look like those fitted to Motorcycle Gymkhana bikes.

Crash-Bar-002.jpg

Crash-Bar-003.jpg

Edited by skorpion

Dave Cunningham

Thanks for the reply and the pics. These look good and would seem to be wide enough to provide some protection should some car driving berk forget to look before pulling out again. Bikes can be fixed or replaced, bodies are a bit more difficult! 

• Like 1

Xactly

Thanks for the link. I see they do two sorts for the NC700/750 bikes. I must say I’m quite interested in the more elaborate of the two, on which I gather the top part is quickly detachable. Why is my credit card 😬  

Defender

I've had Givi bars on my 'X' almost as long as I've had the bike, they been 'tested' twice, the fist time was my fault and happened when the bike was stationary and on the side stand, the second was when we were hit from behind when stationary, they worked very well and apart from a couple of scuffs on the plastic blocks that sit on the crash bars. 

I do like the look of those Heed crash bars though.

Xactly

Well, a parcel arrived from St Petersburg today. Not bad considering I placed the order on Monday. I opened the package with caution and was relieved to find that there was no apparent nerve agent in the box...The bars seem very sturdy and well-made and there’s a laminated set of instructions in English English, much better than some European suppliers can think of. Hopefully they’ll fit without too much trouble, though I’ll wait until there’s less chance of my fingers snapping in the cold.

kayz1

St Petersburg..that be a long way...picture when fitted please.

Lyn.