Engine noise when clutch is released

Basilpot

Steve Case

Oooo Lordy Lordy, just seen the MCN piece on the C90 challenge, thats the whole of France and 1/2 way down the Spanish east coast!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Case

• Rocker66

• Xactly

• Slowboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, well no disrespect to Paulb, but I'm going to recommend that you don't put anything in the engine that isn't approved or specified by Honda.

Normal, embarrassing isn't it,  also the thrust bearings rumble. To quote a very wise man (Tex) " The Nc sounds like two skeletons making love in a biscuit tin " 😂.

The time to worry is when it's not rattling. That because its stopped for some reason. 

Slowboy
On 18/01/2022 at 12:02, Steve Case said:

I met someone who said his perfect two up tourer was his GSXR1100, make of that what you will.

I would ride a C90 Cub to Spain for charity, but I sure as hell wouldn't ride it back. :D

I bet you would, because by the time you got there you’d love it.😁

On 19/01/2022 at 13:02, Steve Case said:

Oooo Lordy Lordy, just seen the MCN piece on the C90 challenge, thats the whole of France and 1/2 way down the Spanish east coast!!!!

Doddle😁

• Haha 1
Steve Case
18 hours ago, slowboy said:

I bet you would, because by the time you got there you’d love it.😁

Doddle😁

Torture on a biblical scale, which probably describes the acceleration as well.

I'm guessing their route across the french spanish border is via the med coast road as over the hills would be walking pace.

• Haha 1
Steve Case

Are C90's allowed on autoroutes and spanish equivalent? Just thinking would the 55mph top speed prevent them from using major highways?

Scootabout
1 hour ago, Steve Case said:

Are C90's allowed on autoroutes and spanish equivalent? Just thinking would the 55mph top speed prevent them from using major highways?

I haven't checked, but in UK they are OK for motorways, since they're over 50cc. 

Slowboy
18 hours ago, Steve Case said:

Torture on a biblical scale, which probably describes the acceleration as well.

I'm guessing their route across the french spanish border is via the med coast road as over the hills would be walking pace.

Steve, ergonomic comfort wise they are pretty good, I rode mine for a couple of 600 mile plus weekends and only needed a leg stretch every 100 miles or so, when you’d be filling up anyway. The issue many have is the speed, and that’s a mindset not a comfort thing in my opinion.

Pretty sure a C90 is not permitted on most European motorways, the vehicle has to be at least 125cc, certainly in Spain.

Steve Case

I'm not convinced a cruising speed of 45mph is a mindset thing, not saying its not possible but its beyond the endurance of the average UK rider including me.

I'd be holding that thing against the stop.

Rocker66
1 hour ago, Steve Case said:

I'm not convinced a cruising speed of 45mph is a mindset thing, not saying its not possible but its beyond the endurance of the average UK rider including me.

I'd be holding that thing against the stop.

One of the good things about riding a small bike is that you very seldom get frustrated due to being held up by slower moving traffic. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

One of the good things about riding a small bike is that you very seldom get frustrated due to being held up by slower moving traffic. 

Perhaps that’s because you’re the one holding it up😊

Rocker66
26 minutes ago, Xactly said:

Perhaps that’s because you’re the one holding it up😊

No we keep a good look out in our mirrors and if anything is coming up fast behind us keep as far into the left that’s safe to do even pull into something like a gateway and stop to let them pass. We tend to use them on slower roads anyway.

Steve Case

When riding from Barcelona docks to Santander overnite, the only cars we saw were German registered Mercs doing 100+MPH.

I stayed well over in the RH lane, and I was on a 700!!!!