Original Chain mileage

Steveg

Steveg

Hello

Bought my 2019 nc750xJuly 2019 , so almost a year now and 12k miles

Original chain and sprockets have lasted better than I thought they would as appear to be a really low spec and still got a lot of life left hoping to get to 16k service before changing

Just wondering what othe people were getting out of the honda original chain ? I know it will vary on use and how cared for

In the dry weather use Worth dry lube and in the wet / winter use a chain oiler loobman

Cheers Steve

Griff

Thats a strange one for me. On my original NC700X I got about 15,000Kms out of the original chain. That is about 10,000 miles.  On my current X-Adv which has the 750 motor I am currently over 30,000 kms and the chain still is not at the stage where it needs to be replaced. The front sprocket isn't great but I have seen worse. I suspect that the sprocket will be the eventual motivator of the replacement of both sprockets and chain eventually. 

One difference about this chain is that early in its life I changed the lube from good left over synthetic oil to Wurth HHS 2000. The former NC700X was looked after by a Chain oiler and was always well lubed.

• Thanks 1
Ignatius

I am still on my originals . Completed 28000 miles yesterday on my 2016 NC750S. I haven't adjusted my chain not even once unless its been adjusted during services. I look after it on every ride and clean every 300 -500 miles. Centre stand on the bike is quite useful for chain maintenance and i feel if you can look after the chain , all your bike maintenance costs will be low and a happy biker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm used to replacing the chain on my 990 Adv every 30,000 +miles so was disappointed with only 16,000 on my NC750X DCT before replacement and that one was shagged.  Apparently it is possible to put a larger chain on (530 instead of 520?)

• Thanks 1
Spindizzy
8 minutes ago, SamDog said:

I'm used to replacing the chain on my 990 Adv every 30,000 +miles so was disappointed with only 16,000 on my NC750X DCT before replacement and that one was shagged.  Apparently it is possible to put a larger chain on (530 instead of 520?)

You can fit a 525 if you want, but its overkill really. Just buy a decent 520.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Spindizzy said:

You can fit a 525 if you want, but its overkill really. Just buy a decent 520.

I agree with m’learned friend. :niceone:

• Like 1