Speedo

Wavey Dave

Wavey Dave

First ride with a sat nav on today. I noted with interest the NC was always showing 2-4mph faster than the sat nav. This leads me to two possibilities 1/ the bike has a poorly set up speedo-healer. Or 2/ some one has played with the gearing. I doubt it's not a Speedo-healer as they are not cheap things. I will check the sprockets when I get a chance. Is changing the gearing a common thing to do on the NC? 

Mister Paul

It's illegal for speedos to under-read, so they're designed with the tolerances above the actual speed.

Edited by Mister Paul
Wavey Dave

FFS. Can't believe I had it backwards road on. Feel like a right birk now LoL in that case the Speedo is pretty close to accurate :) :)

MatBin

I doubt you would find any bike Speedo "that" accurate, especially at higher speeds, that's why an NC can do over 100mph :)

• Haha 2
Andy m

New tyres of a different brand with more or less tread can make that sort of difference. 

Honestly, who cares, if the clock is reading 70 or less you won't get flashed. If there are no cameras you won't be looking at the clock. 

Andy

Wavey Dave
7 hours ago, MatBin said:

I doubt you would find any bike Speedo "that" accurate, especially at higher speeds, that's why an NC can do over 100mph :)

Speedo-healer will make your Speedo that accurate. Though they are 80- odd quid a pop. 

jeremyr62

I got lucky once. My first FJR analog speedo was deadly accurate cf GPS. My second FJR digital speedo is 10% out which is a PITA, but as I would need two Healers to fix it, I use a Sigma MC1812 instead.

Wavey Dave
49 minutes ago, jeremyr62 said:

I got lucky once. My first FJR analog speedo was deadly accurate cf GPS. My second FJR digital speedo is 10% out which is a PITA, but as I would need two Healers to fix it, I use a Sigma MC1812 instead.

I don't understand! How would you require two Speedo healers? 

jeremyr62
1 minute ago, Wavey Dave said:

I don't understand! How would you require two Speedo healers? 

It's to do with the electronic cruise control.

Wavey Dave

Ah. I guess that's what you get for having all the mod cons:)