Lights

Basilpot

Basilpot

Can anyone suggest a good set of spot lights that won't break the bank. I find the head light on 2014 X manual not very good. The low beam is ok ish. High beam terrible. It has standard bulb fitted. I don't mind paying for a good set of spot lights but would like to hear from someone who has experience which ones work ok. 

Basilpot

Thanks for reply. I will give them a look. :oldfart:

kayz1

What Derm said, i have had some on two or three bikes and lasted well.

Basilpot

They do look good and what I was considering. When you used them did you add a switch and where did you take the power source from. I know there are various ways of connecting the power. When I put leds on my burgman I used scotch lock to the supply. Worked ok but would like to know if there might be a better way like with sub harness.

kayz1

I used the Aux harness to power a relay and main power from the battery to the relay And yes i had a switch on one setup on the power from the Aux harness wire.

• Like 1
Basilpot

Thank kayz1. I have just placed an order for them. 

Scotchlock alert!! Andy m will be along any minute.

• Haha 2
listener
4 minutes ago, RC166 said:

Scotchlock alert!! Andy m will be along any minute.

"Nobody expects the Andy Inquisition!" :D

spanishinquisition.png

• Haha 1
Mr Toad
12 hours ago, Basilpot said:

Can anyone suggest a good set of spot lights that won't break the bank. I find the head light on 2014 X manual not very good. The low beam is ok ish. High beam terrible. It has standard bulb fitted. I don't mind paying for a good set of spot lights but would like to hear from someone who has experience which ones work ok. 

I'll never forget the first time I rode the Triumph Bonneville in the dark. I actually stopped and got off to check it was actually on. A decent bulb made it a lot better but still rubbish. 

• Haha 1
MikeBike
30 minutes ago, Mr Toad said:

I'll never forget the first time I rode the Triumph Bonneville ...

Does anyone else always read that first as Bournville and think of chocolate?

Edited by MikeBike
Mr Toad
13 minutes ago, MikeBike said:

Does anyone else always read that first as Bournville and think of chocolate?

Yep, I even call it that some times. :) 

• Like 1
Rev Ken

I must admit I've fitted HID conversion kits to all my bikes for some time and really like them, so long as they are not cheap rubbish. However the latest MOT update has made them a failure item, even when they meet the beam pattern regs. So you should change back to candles for the MOT test and then revert back to HID to see in the dark.!:devil:

I know it is illegal, just as 100w candles are illegal, but I'm prepared to argue my case in court if it ever came to that. I've never been stopped by the police, and don't anticipate they would bother as they have far more important things to do with their time.:angel:

Edited by Rev Ken
  • Like 2