Rocker66

Oldies at the 1066

Rocker66

Saw these two Benelli 250s at the 1066 today. One 2 stroke twin and a more unusual 4cyl 4 stoke. I also liked this old Suzuki

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

• Like 7

ted

I had a GS850 as a lad, sigh.

• Like 4

Tex

Shaft drive on the GS850, chain on the 750 and 1,000. I had a beautiful, one owner, hardly used GS1000. Big old bruiser by today’s standards. The CB900F was much nicer. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

skorpion

Suzuki also did a GS1000G shaft drive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

wingrider.steve
44 minutes ago, skorpion said:

Yep, I had one of those. Really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Tex
46 minutes ago, skorpion said:

So they did! I had forgotten that one. :niceone: The happy days of shim over bucket valve adjustment and carbs to balance. The GS550 was very popular at the dealer I worked for. 

Chris750

Ooh now we're talking! I had a 1000G much nodded, actually prefered it to the 1000s I had previously.

20200729-172001.jpg

• Like 1

larryblag
Posted (edited)

The GS1000E was being knocked out for £1500 brand new at Richardson's, Mansfield. Mind you, that was 1982.The (1st) Katana had just arrived 👍

I've just read that the 1000 was an engine in it's own right - not just a 750 bored or stroked to get the extra cc. It had a different design of crankshaft and as a result the whole unit was actually lighter than the 750 😳

Edited by larryblag
  • Like 1

Hickky
2 hours ago, Tex said:

I had a beautiful, one owner, hardly used GS1000. Big old bruiser by today’s standards. The CB900F was much nicer. :) 

Well, my GS1000 was a big old bruiser, more comfortable and larger than my modern Kwack, either that or I am much larger nowadays (no comments please). The CB900F was a much better machine, although it was in Honda's new 'Euro' styling, copied from the Z1R, as it was less on-off than the GS1000 and on Phantoms was probably the sweetest road bike out there.

• Like 1

Tel

One of my all time favourites that I've owned were the 2 GSX1100EF that I owned; unfaired and black/red. I had one 2nd hand and one new...the older one was best!

It's funny but I had the same experience with the 2 GPZ900s I owned, the older A2 [blue/silver] was nicer than the new A6 [black/gold pinstripe] I bought later.

• Like 1