Hans333

Chinese Rear Fender

Hans333

On the Chinese sites I see a rear fender like this:

https://ibb.co/D7NyhXN

I am worried about the big hole in the mounting bracket.

https://ibb.co/mJSHDHv

The rear axle from my NC750X is 18 mm.

So then it would not fit.

Did anybody used it?

Does it fit and work?

Thanks,

Hans

Hans333

It does fit. Not sure about the looks, but it helps to keep the bike cleaner.

Some pictures:

PfLXoG.jpg
6zMTKZ.jpg
0p2iUN.jpg
CzsfH7.jpg
WYl1K3.jpg

Not bad for 22 euro's.

Hans

• Thanks 1

outrunner

Saw one on a bike in the local shop last week and it looks like adjusting the chain will be more of a faff. Personally, I think they look like sh*t, but everyone has their own opinion.

Andy.

kayz1

If it does the job for that money:niceone:

But i do hope you have at least 1  thread through that nyloc nut...and not just flush with the end....

DCTPaul

dont like the idea of bolting something on the end of the bit that is wanging up down... not for me...

plus i dont like the look... each to their own

Edited by DCTPaul

Hans333
On 5-9-2020 at 19:33, kayz1 said:

If it does the job for that money:niceone:

But i do hope you have at least 1  thread through that nyloc nut...and not just flush with the end....

I had a look on that. It is not a nyloc nut on my bike, it has a spring steel ring on the end. That ring is holding the last thread.

slowboy
3 hours ago, Hans333 said:

I had a look on that. It is not a nyloc nut on my bike, it has a spring steel ring on the end. That ring is holding the last thread.

For maximum hold there should be 1.5 to 3 threads showing. That was our specification, which so far as I understand it was an industry standard. Thread strength and torque settings And allowable limits were pretty complicated maths from what I recall. :frantics:

Jamesco

We use ASME specs at work as long as the "bolts extend complety through the nuts" we are good to go. Too long results in corrosion & difficulty to extract later. To make life easy for the inspectors one thread through is best on small stuff...mind you this is offshore ramblings))

Too right @slowboy it is complicated. I was asked today what torque shall we use for an 1-3/4" bolt that is supposed to be hydraulically tensioned but we don't have the equipment...

Edited by Jamesco