slowboy

Honda Super Cub

Tex

8 minutes ago, slowboy said:

who needs a Cross Turnip 😎

Or an angry Swede? The Cub is just one of ‘those‘ bikes, eh? They make me smile too. :niceone:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Andy m
1 hour ago, slowboy said:

Who needs a Cross Turnip 😎

Everyone. There is definitely an untapped market for bikes named after emotional vegetables. 

Cracking pictures. That lane looks perfect, technical enough to know it isn't a B-road but no need to change your name to Lampkin. 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chris750
6 minutes ago, Andy m said:

Everyone. There is definitely an untapped market for bikes named after emotional vegetables. 

Cracking pictures. That lane looks perfect, technical enough to know it isn't a B-road but no need to change your name to Lampkin. 

Andy

Cross Runner Bean 🤔

• Haha 7

Andy m

Do you think CB stands for cannolli bean? 

Andy

• Haha 3

slowboy
1 hour ago, Andy m said:

Andy

local green lane about 1/2 a mile from home, there’s a network of them round here, some well surfaced like that one others not so much, but you can hop off and walk it through the “lampkin” sections. I’m waiting for more “gravel track” tolerant tyres that will come. 70/90 17 on the front 80/90 17 on the rear.

Edited by slowboy
  • Like 2

larryblag

My back's been playing up. Jolted it riding over a nasty pothole on the cycle. There's a lump come up on the right side - muscle spasm 😞. Co-codamol has left me feeling whoozy but comfortable. Not appropriate for riding the motorcycle. 

• Sad 9

MatBin
10 minutes ago, larryblag said:

My back's been playing up. Jolted it riding over a nasty pothole on the cycle. There's a lump come up on the right side - muscle spasm 😞. Co-codamol has left me feeling whoozy but comfortable. Not appropriate for riding the motorcycle. 

Ouch! Hope it clears up soon.

• Thanks 1

listener
2 hours ago, larryblag said:

And they say cycling is healthy! :shocked:

That's your love- life buggered for a while ... :whistle:

Edited by listener
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

kayz1

Years ago ( 15 ) a mate in work, healthy as a healthy thing runner / walker / swimmer / took up the gym.

That was not enough thou so he bought a bike, joined a club and soon was one of the top riders..

Hearth attack and dead at 47 whilst ridding his bike. Sold mine just after that..

larryblag
57 minutes ago, listener said:

And they say cycling is healthy! :shocked:

That's your love- life buggered for a while ... :whistle:

Kelly's young, we adapt... 

• Haha 4

stordz

Lovely photos, made me smile just looking at the bike, there is just something about a Honda Cub.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grumpy old man
1 hour ago, listener said:

That's your love- life buggered for a while ... 

Just for a while, lucky bugger☹

• Haha 1

Tex

Get well soon Gaz. And I bet I’m not alone in wondering what Kels looks like in her nurses outfit.. ;):) 

• Sigh 1
  • Thanks 1

Mr Toad
14 hours ago, stordz said:

Lovely photos, made me smile just looking at the bike, there is just something about a Honda Cub.....

And that's why I'm hoping/waiting for the Hunter Cub to arrive in the UK rather than buying the Himalayan I looked at a couple of days ago, despite liking it so much. 

• Like 2

stordz
3 hours ago, Mr Toad said:

And that's why I'm hoping/waiting for the Hunter Cub to arrive in the UK rather than buying the Himalayan I looked at a couple of days ago, despite liking it so much. 

Interesting, I quite fancy a Himalayan myself as a move to a more simpler motorcycling experience.....

Tex
7 hours ago, stordz said:

Interesting, I quite fancy a Himalayan myself as a move to a more simpler motorcycling experience.....

CRF250? CB300R? SWM 440 Six Days? There must be other singles too.

• Like 1

stordz
10 hours ago, Tex said:

CRF250? CB300R? SWM 440 Six Days? There must be other singles too.

@Tex, thanks, you are right, there are, the problem is that my head says CB300R or CRF250  'it's all the bike you'll ever need for your current and probably future needs' but my heart says 'Don't be a wuss, you're not ready to downsize yet........ there are so many more bikes to enjoy, Triumph Street / Speed Twin, Kawasaki Z900, Honda CB1100, BMW r1220r'....... if only I had a garage big enough for a fleet of bikes....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

slowboy
2 hours ago, stordz said:

@Tex, thanks, you are right, there are, the problem is that my head says CB300R or CRF250  'it's all the bike you'll ever need for your current and probably future needs' but my heart says 'Don't be a wuss, you're not ready to downsize yet........ there are so many more bikes to enjoy, Triumph Street / Speed Twin, Kawasaki Z900, Honda CB1100, BMW r1220r'....... if only I had a garage big enough for a fleet of bikes....

if your heart needs the performance, there’s always the KTM690 range or the Husquavarna Vitpilen. (Other spellings are available😂) 

• Haha 1

Trev
3 hours ago, stordz said:

....... if only I had a garage big enough for a fleet of bikes....

Don't go there ........ just don't :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hickky
3 hours ago, slowboy said:

the Husquavarna Vitpilen.

If you have ever ridden these things, they are (probably) the most uncomfortable bike you can buy. Handle well, great engine but backbreaking seat to control ratio with hard suspension. I think they now do a softer version but I'm at a loss as to what unspellable Swedish name they call the thing.

• Like 2

stordz
14 minutes ago, Hickky said:

If you have ever ridden these things, they are (probably) the most uncomfortable bike you can buy. Handle well, great engine but backbreaking seat to control ratio with hard suspension. I think they now do a softer version but I'm at a loss as to what unspellable Swedish name they call the thing.

Saw one in a dealership near me a few weeks ago, they definitely are an acquired taste........

stordz
3 hours ago, slowboy said:

if your heart needs the performance, there’s always the KTM690 range or the Husquavarna Vitpilen. (Other spellings are available😂) 

To be honest it's not really the outright performance that I want, I like torquey (is that a word?) and smooth motors and I tend to find that in larger capacity bikes.

RE KTM thanks for the suggestion but not really my thing, BTW was at Orwells (dealer) a few weeks ago and the sales guy showed me the KTM  accessory book, it must have been 500 pages thick .....

• Haha 1

Tonyj

No that is the parts list:0)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Rocker66
1 hour ago, stordz said:

To be honest it's not really the outright performance that I want, I like torquey (is that a word?) and smooth motors and I tend to find that in larger capacity bikes.

Sounds like a Crossrunner to me 😀

• Like 1