dct problems

putz

Steve Case

Cheers putz, thats really useful info. Its the only scenario I could think of where the clutches would have to slip.

• 6 months later...

Its been a while , but the bike has been at the dealers since november and just got the bad news that the clutches are worn and will need new. the cost is over a grand. So the reset it was not. Think it time to say goodbye to my old friend as the cost is too much and work has dried up. If any one has any ideas or cheap clutch be good. thankyou:bye:

Buy the parts and do it your self..will only take you a couple of hours...

Yes about two hours work  but the Clutches are only aviable as compleat units and very expensive   If it were mine  I strip myself and ask EBC  weather they do plates  got to be less than compleat units from honda

The parts will be about 1100 pound alone and then about 600 pound other work, head bearings and rear wheel bearings and mot etc, so looks like the scrapman calling. Not a mechanic so not a option for me, thanks guys. The pin that breaks in the gearbox has just been replaced as well

checked ebc site only kits for manual bike listed, would thought you could get a kit like you say dave

37 minutes ago, putz said:

checked ebc site only kits for manual bike listed, would thought you could get a kit like you say dave

Probably not listed for dct as maybe they don't wear out as quickly as a manual box, 120k miles is a good mileage for a bike, shame to see a bike get scrapped though. What's the replacement going to be?

Edited by MatBin
jeremyr62

Second hand engine if the rest of the bike is OK? They seem to come up for sale from time to time.  

davebike

I think you need to speak to EBC   they can be very helpfull  but would need a plate as a pattern I sure   could be a good market for them !