Keys !

davebike

Well first the laugh !

Woke up yesterday got ready to ride to work no bike key on the hook megga serch !! get spare key, ride to work , when Bus partner arrives off to Express Keys Orpington  new key cloned to bike all works £60 go home   On getting home remember I wore a fleece Gillet on Sunday for a few minuites  yes there is the key in the pocket !  I am a twit!

On a serious not I recomend Express keys  I been going there when I worked for other and using them since 1976 ! Express keys  29 High street Green Street Green  Orpington BR6 6BG 01689 850008

Tip from them  on your spair key ring is a white plastic tag with a bar code and the key no  take a photo of this so it can be used to cut a replacement  quicker and more accuately

He also said as the later key wares and the lock wares it gets hard to turn get it sorted before you cannot turn the lock on as once it will not turn on it a much longer and therfor expensive job

• Like 2

Good shout re taking a photo :thumbsup: I had a lucky escape a couple of years ago. Had a day trip to Weston Super Mare with a mate. Got there about 1100. On returning to the bikes at around 1900 I checked all my pockets for my keys and couldn't find them. I was about to call a mate and/or rescue company when I noticed them hanging in the key hole of my top box. They'd been in there all that time.

I have a U lock, key for that is on my house key ring, key for bike separate ring, so if I have locked my bike U lock and then left bike key on the bike it's"safe".

@davebike it's called old age :) my son bought me an accessory for my key ring, if you whistle it sets off it's alarm and makes finding the keyring easier. Never used it though.

Edited by MatBin
  • Like 1